“Unbelievable”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We chose this as our honeymoon destination, opting to spend the extra money for the extra service. WOW! Could not have even imagined that it would be as good as it was. From the moment we checked in to the time we left we were treated far better than ever could be expected. The hotel is easily 5 stars and the service a 10. Well worth every penny and will definitely be visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Damien L
CapellaManagement, General Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Damien L
Congratulations on your recent marriage and for choosing to celebrate your honeymoon here at Capella Pedregal.

I am so happy that we were able to spoil you a bit during your visit and created some wonderful memories.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for future vacations and anniversary celebrations.

Once again, congratulations and best wishes from all of us at Capella Pedregal.

John Volponi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Easy, quick trip from Dallas! 8 of us....4 bedroom suite with 2 plunge pools! Rooms cleaned at whatever time you want and again turndown service at whatever time you want. Guacamole, chips and beer daily at 4. Margaritas upon arrival and tequila in room!
5 star food and service. Ate at all three restaurants ...all great food!
Spa is the best I have been to and I've been to many!
There was not one waiter who didn't bend over backwards for any possible request.

You can also walk to the arch...after a climb over some boulders.

Very close to town, marina and you can walk. However, you won't want to leave resort.

Room Tip: Didn't seem to be a bad room:) All have plunge pools.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chrissyb1971

Dear dallasgirl123
Thank you for your wonderful review and for your visit to Capella Pedregal.

Our residential suites are just the perfect accommodations for a group of friends or a family traveling together. Large spacious suites with full kitchens and those wonderful plunge pools with views of the Pacific Ocean!

So happy to read that you also enjoyed our Auriga Spa as well as our restaurants, Beach Club, El Farallon, Don Manuels, and Crudo Bar!

Thank you for your visit. All of us look forward to welcoming you back once again on your next trip to Cabo!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is what we call a 5 star resort. Everything from the time we landed in Cabo till the time we left was fabulous. We got the Escape to Capella package & it was worth every penny. Airport transportation to & from, free breakfast, 4th night free. The service was the best we have ever had, great food & drinks. They even bring snacks to your room every afternoon around 4,chips & dip with 2 mini beers,nice. Maid service was very nice, they come twice a day with clean towels & turn down service at night. We thought the Spa was one of the best. We had a couples massage, it was great. Also, this place is really landscaped to perfection. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skinner57

Dear skinner 57
Thank you for once again choosing to stay at Capella Pedregal. We are always delighted to welcome our guests back to their home at the end of the tunnel!

I am so happy that you were able to take advantage of our Escape to Capella Package and the various amenities that are included in that package as well as the other amenities such as our afternoon treats of guacamole, salsa, chips and beers!

Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing your thoughts with all of our Trip Advisor readers.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I need to start with the price. It seems to vary between $300 and $1,200. I paid $600. There is no way to make the price make sense. I've stayed in similar, or nicer, properties in other parts of the world that were less expensive. You have to be comfortable with spending the money and then forgetting about it and enjoying yourself. FYI lunch cost almost double what I'd expect at home. Menu cocktails were $13. I didn't eat dinner on property.

That said, it was a beautiful and relaxing experience. It would've been even better as a romantic experience, since it was definitely romantic. I did not take advantage of any of the spa or exercise facilities. The pools were nice, although a bit annoying that the lounge chairs closest to the adult pool (and the ocean) were all claimed early and were often left vacant.

It was very nice that the attendants would bring you iced water bottles (and for free! 8). The cocktails were tasty, but sometimes they were strong and other times weak. My two lunches were decent, although someone needs to hold back on the salt.

It's a very short walk from the resort into town, but truthfully Cabo San Lucas was not appealing. It's a good way to stretch your legs.

The best thing for me was the room. It was a standard room type, and quite spacious with a separate seating area. Your choice of bath tub or open shower in the bathroom with very spacious dual-sink vanity. The wood decor was nice.

The balcony overlooking the ocean was pleasant and the plunge infinity pool was warm and pleasant to relax in when you don't feel like being in public. Most of the "private" pools were very visible to the public. But I was in the far multistory unit on an upper floor and facing away from the main complex. It was very private. I definitely recommend the location.

Room Tip: I stayed in an upper floor in the far multistory building facing away from the main complex. This m...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank FoggyEthan
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at a few resorts in Cabo and found this to be one of the most enjoyable. The resort and rooms are beautiful and the service is very good. You automatically feel like you are on vacation among being transported in a Mercedes SUV with free wifi, bottled water and candy and then upon arrival at the resort with a welcome margarita. Just fantastic!
Once we arrived though, we had to do musical chairs with our rooms as there was construction with jackhammers right outside our room. For the money we were paying, just not acceptable. They handled it well but after HOURS of inconvenience, we weren't upgraded and our room was anything but private. Nice enough but exposed on multiple fronts.
The resort felt full and all pool chairs were taken by morning. While every day was wonderfully relaxing, it is true that poolside service could have been better and there were lots of people/groups that were partying unlike what you would think to find in a resort of this caliber.
Having said that, we had a great stay and highly recommend the resort. The gym and spa are nice and El Farallon is an experience not to be missed!!!!! Breakfasts were pretty good too. The personal assistants are a bit of an overstatement-it's a glorified word for concierge in our opinion. We never saw ours past check in after a six day stay until we checked out!
But the location can't be beat and the rooms and resort are beautiful. Don't mean at all to sound negative; we're trying to simply highlight the good and the not so good.
All in all, a phenomenal resort!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank lovetravelLA

Dear lovetravelLA
Thank you for your review and for your comments about the resort. I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit and found the service to be very good. Likewise I was pleased that you enjoyed many of our other special touches from arrival to your dining experience in El Farallon.

I apologize for the construction noise issue. We have been undertaking a few projects during the quieter season, but have been advising guests prior to arrival as well as have been offering a 50% discount on off our regular rates during those days of construction as we know that some of the work disrupts the quiet ambiance of the resort. I am pleased to report that our works will come to an end by the end of July, and was pleased to note that our Front Office was able to finally get you settled into a quieter location.

Thank you for your visit and for your comments. We appreciate your positive comments as well as those suggestions as to areas we can improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Pedregal very soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I spent an afternoon at the spa with a couple girlfriends, but did not overnight at the property. I booked a moon phase treatment and even though the moon was "waning" at the time, I was able to have the "waxing moon" treatment. The facilities are excellent (steam, sauna, ice, plunge pool, outdoor co-ed pool, etc.) and the therapists are very good. We enjoyed a post-treatment snack at the outdoor pool area in our robes - bliss.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
CapellaManagement, General Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Busy Mom,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our Auriga Spa at Capella Pedregal. We were so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your relaxing Moon treatment.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another relaxing treatment.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed as las ventanas many times as well as one and only palmilla and several of the all inclusives. Las ventanas is my goto property in cabo with myo fiancé and it was closed for renovations. Amex centurion travel suggested Capella Pedregal and palmilla as an alternative. Since we had been to pal ills figured I would give Capella Pedregal a shot as it was in the same price range (actually a little cheaper).

So things that were great:
Property is gorgeous, room was great, views were stunning. Got upgraded to a 3 bedroom... Sounds great but since was only my fiancé and I it was not really something we could utilize or appreciate. Spa was great and gym was awesome! Don Manuel's was consistently excellent for bfast and dinner and el farron was an amazing experience (service was a bit slow but food was amazing and location was breathtaking). Reservations are tough to get but half the tables were empty which I have heard in other reviews...

Service in general at the resort was just ok. Maybe they were just off their game that week but pool side service was a joke... I felt like I always had to hunt someone down to order a diet coke or ask for water. Getting chairs poolside for 2 was a hassle... Like I was at a Hyatt in maui at spring break... Had to get up early to go down and reserve chairs or they were all gone. Was that way every day which was a bit strange for a supposed 5 star. Ironically I don't think the resort was full... The most surprising thing was the party environment that went on a couple of the nights... There were a couple of groups of folks that were partying on their balconies in their plunge pools drinking and blasting music and being very loud until about midnight. Seemed very out of place for a 5 star... Seemed like a fraternity party in a 5 star setting. I was really shocked no one from management shut it down.

All in all we had a good time but it is by far my least impressive experience at a 5 star here in cabo by a long shot. I would for sure go to las ventanas, palmilla or Esperanza before I went back to Capella Pedregal.

If you are ever in cabo eat at el farron!

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Dman_rebel

Dear Dman
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent visit to Capella Pedregal. I was pleased to see that there were so many things about the resort that you truly enjoyed including our restaurants and our spa. El Farallon is a very popular restaurant, and due to the timing of the service and the size of the kitchen set out on the cliff, we do have to pace our reservations to ensure that service and attention can be given to each diner.

I was disappointed to note that you felt the pool service was lacking. Usually, this is one of the highlights of the guest experience. I truly apologize for the lack of attention that you felt you experienced and have reviewed your comments with our pool service team. We are in the process of securing additional large teak chaise lounges for the pool to supplement the number of pool chairs that we have around the pool area.

Thank you once again for your review, both the positive points, as well as those areas that we can improve. We hope to be able to welcome you back once again in the future to showcase our efforts at continuous improvement.