Have stayed as las ventanas many times as well as one and only palmilla and several of the all inclusives. Las ventanas is my goto property in cabo with myo fiancé and it was closed for renovations. Amex centurion travel suggested Capella Pedregal and palmilla as an alternative. Since we had been to pal ills figured I would give Capella Pedregal a shot as it was in the same price range (actually a little cheaper).
So things that were great:
Property is gorgeous, room was great, views were stunning. Got upgraded to a 3 bedroom... Sounds great but since was only my fiancé and I it was not really something we could utilize or appreciate. Spa was great and gym was awesome! Don Manuel's was consistently excellent for bfast and dinner and el farron was an amazing experience (service was a bit slow but food was amazing and location was breathtaking). Reservations are tough to get but half the tables were empty which I have heard in other reviews...
Service in general at the resort was just ok. Maybe they were just off their game that week but pool side service was a joke... I felt like I always had to hunt someone down to order a diet coke or ask for water. Getting chairs poolside for 2 was a hassle... Like I was at a Hyatt in maui at spring break... Had to get up early to go down and reserve chairs or they were all gone. Was that way every day which was a bit strange for a supposed 5 star. Ironically I don't think the resort was full... The most surprising thing was the party environment that went on a couple of the nights... There were a couple of groups of folks that were partying on their balconies in their plunge pools drinking and blasting music and being very loud until about midnight. Seemed very out of place for a 5 star... Seemed like a fraternity party in a 5 star setting. I was really shocked no one from management shut it down.
All in all we had a good time but it is by far my least impressive experience at a 5 star here in cabo by a long shot. I would for sure go to las ventanas, palmilla or Esperanza before I went back to Capella Pedregal.
If you are ever in cabo eat at el farron!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos