“Best Vacation EVER!”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Best Vacation EVER!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

In short, you have to stay at this resort once in your lifetime!

We celebrated our honeymoon there and even though it's pricey, it's money worth spent. It's probably the only time I actually cried while leaving because I knew the experience we had there was amazing!!!

In room dining (yummm), manificent views ( perfect relaxation), splendid service ( they will make food to suit your requirements - salsa without raw tomatoes that ROCKED) , own plunge pool (OMG) are some of highlights of Capella! Just remember - you want to tell housekeeping when they should come over so you don't have someone walk in on you ;) and always have then repeat your food order!

Go to Capella and have that once in a lifetime experience :)

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
Atlanta
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After numerous weeks of gloomy clouds and rain in Atlanta, me and a best girlfriend desperately needed a girls getaway that consisted of SPA, SUN, and SAND. We booked this trip to Cabo because, quite honestly, the temperature there would be the warmest that weekend. We made reservations a day before we were to travel for Easter weekend 2013 and hoped for the best. We were lucky enough to book the last suite available for 3 nights! Although last minute booking prices were high, we were not disappointed. Due to the last minute planning, we weren't able to take full advantage of our personal assistant who contacted us the same night that we made the reservations asking about our interest while in Cabo. I do recommend using the transportation offered by the hotel for safety measures- that was the one thing I did communicate to CP. To keep this short and sweet, the hotel is breath taking, the suites are clean and picturesque and the beds feel heavenly. The pictures of the hotel online do not do it justice. We mostly ate and drank by the pool and both were delightful every time. The only small complaint was that our drink orders took a while sometimes as it seemed as though they forgot our orders. We had to remind them a few times. Other than that, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel spa was awesome. The most beautiful spa I've ever seen- and I've seen a lot of the best. Wish I could have spent more time there. I am planning to return soon with my Hubby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mbraddy08
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to learn about Capella through our travel agent and could not happier with our experience! We hadn't taken a vacation in a number of years and were celebrating our 5 year anniversary and my birthday so we decided to splurge as this was definitely the most expensive vacation we had taken...it was worth every penny and we are already looking to see which Capella we want to visit next!

From the very beginning (prior to our arrival) we were contacted by a personal assistant who helped us make all of our arrangements from dinner to golf to spa treatments. They also asked if we had any allergies which meant a lot to me as I have a gluten allergy and cannot have anything with wheat or flour in it.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we knew we had entered another dimension. From the margarita waiting for us at check-in, to the exceptional room and the attentiveness of the staff...I have never experienced anything like it (even several Ritz Carlton's we've stayed at). They always made us feel as though we were the most important guests they had and had champagne brought to our table for our anniversary and a gluten free birthday cake in our room that was the best cake I've very had!

The food was exceptional and the dining at El Farron is something that must be experienced by everyone who goes there. Capella is truly a magical place with so many little surprises and touches that I don't want to spoil it by sharing it all.

If you're on the fence about this place, get off it and book your stay...you will not regret it.

2 Thank mfies
Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We are back in Capella Pedregal. This time, to celebrate our wedding Anniversary. After last year's stay, we found this hotel to be the best and didn't think it could get any better. Well, it did! They added a crudo bar poolside where you can have the freshest fish sashimi. We did a ceviche tasting that was amazing! On our second night we returned to our room to find a large rose petal heart shape on top of our bed and a trail of little candles going from the bed to the tub! What a nice touch! The grounds are still immaculately kept, the service is tops, and rooms with private plunge pools overlooking the Pacific are truly amazing! This is indeed Paradise!

• Stayed May 2013
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I spent an amazing honeymoon at Capella Pedregal May 6th through the 11th. It would have been absolutely perfect if we had not ventured off the resort to eat one night which led to me getting very sick. Anyways, the experience with CP begins prior to the trip. Our personal assistant Patrick contacted us weeks before arriving to find out if we had special requests, wanted dinner reservations and excursions scheduled. It was nice to have a light itenerary done prior to arrival.

One of the things that really impressed me was the fact that no matter what you ask for they always seemed to accomodate. My husband celebrated his birthday and I wanted a snack waiting in the room when we got back from our ATV tour. He loves fried chicken and even though they did not have on the menu they made an order of fried chicken wings with a few different sauces! We had breakfast included with our reservation. The included breakfast was a buffet which was excellent in and of itself but there were a several times that we asked for items that were not on the buffet (pancakes, french toast, oatmeal) and without hesitation they brought it to us with no extra charge! One thing is that they do charge you for bottled water but "house water" is free. The house water is perfectly safe for drinking.

The food is absolutely delish! We ate at El Farrallon and I know that it is mostly a seafood restaurant be we had the meal for two and added a steak. The steak was one of the best steaks I have ever had. We also ate at Don Miguel's (I think that was the name of it). I had the sea bass and my husband had short ribs and they were perfect.

We also had a couples therapuetic massage. I get regular therapuetic massages but I felt that my therapist was super strong. I almost felt like I was at a chiropracter or something. She definately worked out any knots in my achy muscles. My husband felt that his was good but not as therapuetic as mine. The spa itself is beautiful and very calming and while it is not the best spa experience I have had it is worth a visit.

I really enjoyed my time at CP. The staff really went above and beyond to make our honeymoon wonderful. It is breathtakingly beautiful. It is not crowded. Simply blissful. I will definately return one day.

2 Thank jenniferredd
West Coast, USA
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently returned from my mid May stay at this property. Let me start off by saying, I work a lot and travel for business almost weekly. This has made me accustomed to many of the things business travelers commonly look to for comfort, loyalty programs, Wi-Fi, gym/lounge access, etc. With that being said, leave those standards of travel at immigration. My stay at Capella will forever change my views on luxury travel. This will probably end up being the lengthiest detailed review to date. So if that is not your kind of read, please refer to the last paragraph for a summarized version on why you should choose Capella.

Pre-Arrival
At this point a hotel representative will contact you regarding your upcoming stay. This person will be your personal assistant during your stay. This is the time when you will want to communicate any needs or expectations. Your personal assistant can arrange airport transport (highly recommended), activities, spa/dining reservations, etc. Just about anything you want you can relay to this person. If this is your first trip abroad, do not buy pesos! Use your debit card at one of the many ATMs and you will get the best exchange rate.

Arrival
As I recommended above, the most efficient way to get to this hotel is by private transport. The airport (SJD) is approx. 40 minutes from the hotel and Cabo San Lucas. A third party private transport is either more expensive or comparable to what Capella would charge. I highly recommend going with the hotel’s transportation. The hotel will send a driver clearly labeled with the Capella logo to pick you up, thus avoiding all the hustle of the timeshare salesmen. The vehicle will have cold water and towels awaiting you. All you will need to do is sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Baja. As an additional perk, you and your guest(s) will have a drink of choice ready for you when you arrive at the property to enjoy as your personal assistant will show you the lay of the land.

Rooms
All the guest rooms on this property are absolutely beautiful. There is no way there could be a “bad” room, if you find it please let me know. All rooms have a pool and fireplace. A bottle of Don Julio will be in your room to enjoy during your stay. Chips, salsa, guacamole and Coronitas are delivered every afternoon. They also have an impressive list of movies available, they are complimentary and listed in the in room information binder.

Activities
The marina of Cabo San Lucas is approx. a 10 min walk from the hotel. If you are unfamiliar with Cabo this is the ultimate location. If you prefer to not take the walking route, a cab will be about $7 USD. Capella staff will be more than happy to drive you to the entrance of the property on the golf carts so you can avoid walking through the tunnel. The hotel offers wine and tequila tasting classes during the week and has 3 great restaurants the range in price. This review is lengthy enough and I am not a food critic so I’d recommend the good ‘ole Google search for where to eat. I will say that the best restaurant I visited outside of this hotel was called Los Tres Gallos, AMAZING!

Pool
Yes, the pool needs it’s own paragraph, it’s that good. The pool is an infinity pool that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. One complaint I’ve heard at this property is that you are not recommended to swim on the beach due to the rough waters. This is true, however, the breathtaking views of the dramatic waves crashing against the beach is so relaxing to watch from the pool. The views from the pool are something I cannot describe or show in pictures. Not to mention, the service at the pool is unparalleled. I have never been able to drink tequila until I tasted the Capella Margarita. Game over, I am hooked.

Check Out
The check out process was very smooth. Our luggage was brought down to the vehicle as we were taking our last walk around the property. When we returned the staff had cold water and delicious sea turtle shaped sugar cookies waiting for us. We also elected to use the VIP lounge; this was so helpful to us. A Capella employee greeted us at the airport and walked us all the way through security to the VIP lounge. This lounge is very new and all drinks and food are included in the very
small fee.

Frankly, I did not want to post this review at all. I wanted to keep Capella as much of a secret as possible. However, to pull off something this great takes a great amount of hard work by many people and hard work needs to be recognized. Every member of the staff was unforgettable and made this vacation what it was. As my headliner said, “life changing”. I work very hard during the year, I often forget about the little things and how much we take for granted. This hotel gives you all the tools one would need to detach from the daily stresses and realize what matters, and that to me, is invaluable. Before I checked out I was already planning my next trip back. This is the only hotel in the world I can say; I am truly honored and extremely blessed to have been a guest.

10 Thank Tomorrow_We_Sail
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I spent six nights here after our daughter's wedding and to celebrate his birthday. From the moment we found our airport shuttle to the VIP exit lounge a week later, the service was amazing. The location is beautiful and private, yet close to town and the marinas for shopping and dining. We took a kayak/snorkeling trip and a deep sea fishing trip but otherwise, just hung out at the pool and took walks on the beach. Our room was roomy and well appointed and we loved the open air veranda with the infinity pool and view of the Pacific, and of course the Coronas and chips every afternoon (try the Capella margarita) The pool service was top notch and they were very gracious and welcoming, but not over-bearing. We saw well-known celebrities, but they were left alone and just blended in with the crowd. I fell in love with the décor, and we brought home a Capella “star” that now hangs off our bedroom deck to remind us of a wonderful experience. Definitely worthy of a special occasion stay and we will be back again. P.S. Also experienced their fabulous spa - not to be missed!

Room Tip: We had a south end room which, although by the kids pool was pretty quiet, especially at night and e...