My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at Capella to celebrate our anniversary. Before the vacation even began Capella's personal assistant Ricardo Rico was in contact to make sure we had everything we needed arranged. He sent reviews of restaurants, activities guides and walked me though each activity making recommendations. He was patient and very knowledgable. He never rushed me and I was taking a lot of his time. Upon arrival he was there to greet us. There was a surprise bottle of champage with a personal note congratulating us on our anniversary and chocolate covered strawberries to greet us as well...all compliments of the resort. There was also a complimentary welcome bottle of high end tequila. My husband remarked that we don't really drink tequila, we prefer red wine and within an hour there was a bottle of red wine swapped out for the tequila. A wonderful bowl of chips and guacamole also arrived each evening around 4:30 or 5pm with two beers. Knowing we aren't beer drinkers Ricardo willingly and very happily gave us two full glasses of red wine each evening with the guacamole instead.
We dined at all three restaurants and enjoyed each one. The complimentary breakfast buffet is specatcular! I highly recommend walking into town (catch the complimentary golf cart ride thorugh the tunnel) and dining at a restaurant called Mariscos for seafood and the restaurant Maca's for spanish tapas. Both are wonderful, well priced and a very short walk from resort.
El Falleron was a great experience...so beautiful and magestic... they served really good food but Its one of those places that you experience once and you're done. I wouldn't recommend eating here twice when theres so many other wonderful restaurants in town to try.
The gym was awesome. I never had to wait more than a minute or two for a machine during the peak morning rush before breakfast.
Room service seemed to know the minute we left the room for breakfast because it was cleaned within minutes of us leaving each day!
The spa was top notch. Probably the best additional feature of the resort. I can see why its ranked top in the world. We both had a massage, facial, and body scrub in the couples suite and it was off the charts. Very expensive but worth it. Definitely arrive early to take advantage of their extra ammenities like sauna, the fresh aloe in the steam room, and orange rub in the ice room!!! The foot rub with fresh herbs was crazy good.
The only draw back to this resort is it can be a bit windy. Defininty not the resorts fault and it wasn't so bad that it detracted from the stay.
Upon departure we had a send off of probably 15 employees, were given cookies with a bow, waters and the coolest smiles and hand waves as we drove off.
I can't say enough good things about this resorts service. Its simply unparalleled. Highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos