OK, first and foremost, we have been to Cabo over 20 times. We have stayed at One and Only Palmilla most of those trips, and Capella the last two (4/1/13 last week). Rather than write a novel, I will keep it straight and simple.
1. Great location if you basically want to stay around town alot and rarely don't leave nice resorts much. The tunnel and privacy is unmatched.
2. If you golf its 45 minutes to most of the golf courses compared to 5-10 minutes from One and Only.
3. Great stretch of Beach but you cannot get in, which we don't anyway so it does not matter.
4. Adult Pool, childrens pool are excellent
5. Spa is really nice, but not truly a number one in the world or Mexico for that matter.
Rooms are great, housekeeping was great. Concierge was great
6. Great options for multiple bedroom houselike rooms with kitchens
1. Service for some reason is for the most part slow and seemingly lost. Meaning they may walk by you three times and never notice your there. They are really nice though once you find them. This goes for the restaurants and pool service,
2. If you golf alot, don't stay down here, the back and forths can make for a long day.
3. Ask questions on the rooms, the higher up you go the more steps you will climb. The elevator is about 4 foot square which is kind of weird.
4. Not so small kid friendly, the balconies and pools on the decks are dangerous (falls) and the kids program is average at best.
The One and Only Palmilla overall is nicer, but again, if most of our activities are around town, I would stay here again. If not, I would stay at the Palmilla.
If the staff and restaurant speed was a little better, I think the Capella Pedegral would no doubt be equal to the Palmilla.
Final rating Palmilla 5 star, Capella 4 star
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos