Capella Pedregal is a beautiful resort. First things first; the rooms are AMAZING!! I mean, its pretty hard to beat a gigantic infinity edge plunge pool overlooking the ocean in the STANDARD rooms? how luxurious is that!?! That is a luxury that most resorts will charge double for. So they really have a heads up on the competition with that one! I also love the nespresso machine in the room....nice touch Capella! (I loved the nespresso machine so much, i bought one when i got home!) The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was huge and gorgeous, and the fireplace in the room was so cozy, we used it every night!
We have the package where breakfast at Don Manuel's was included everyday. If you have that option, definitely do it. It was quite the spread. It was kind of like a buffet, but every thing hot was made to order, and brought out to you. So you didn't have to stand there and stare at the omelet guy while he prepared your eggs. You just placed your order with him, and then you could go grab your own fruit, breads, granola, yogurt, sweet rolls, etc. and then go sit down and they bring it out your hot food when ready. The juice station was a nice touch too!
The pools are gorgeous. We had no problem getting a lounge chair, but I don't think they were at full capacity. It was breezy most days, and I am not sure if it is always like that because of where the hotel is located on the Pacific. But it was sunny most days, so the breeze was really relaxing and welcome. They have pool staff who are very helpful, and will bring you drinks and food right off the menu to your lounge chair. We previously stayed at Las Ventanas, and their pool service was completely over the top . Capella isn't quite up to that level, but you will not want for anything here either. My suggestion would be for them to keep the pool butlers out from behind the bar area, so they would be more available for the guests on the lounge chairs.
We ate at El Farallon for dinner on our last night. AMAZING!!!! You have to go eat there for one of the most beautiful, romantic, unique, delicious and special evenings you will ever have! Its not even that expensive considering how stunning it is. Worth every penny!
My only criticism of this resort is as follows; Maybe its because we had just come from Las Ventanas, so are expectations were very high, but I felt that the level of service was just not as impressive. The manager greeted us when we arrived, but never asked us how our stay was. He even walked right by us as we were about to leave for the airport, and he didn't even stop to thank us or say goodbye. It would have been nice to have been acknowledged. The waiters at the restaurants and the pools staff were incredibly gracious and friendly and some did remember our names and greeted us daily. I just wish the management would have done the same. Its such a simple gesture that would have meant a lot to us. I am being a little picky, but that is really the only negative I can think of.
This place is expensive, but not any more than you would expect to pay at a fine resort. $15 margaritas, $20-$40 entrees for lunch, and $40-$80 entrees for dinner. Worth every penny. I would definitely stay here again, and the proximity to town is a BIG plus! We walked in to town several days, and ate some delicious meals. We also went to the spa for massages and it was really amazing and gorgeous!
I cant imagine anyone having a bad time at this resort! It is really amazing, and I would for sure go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos