“Perfection!”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I travelled to Cabo San Lucas with a group of friends for my birthday and it did not disappoint. After a hectic week of partying with the group my boyfriend and I wanted some us time and booked a few days at Capella. My expectations were far surpassed and I cannot fault this place. From the moment you enter the grounds to the very minute you leave, everything is taken care of. The service is incredible. We are seasoned travellers and have stayed in some amazing 5 star hotels but Capella goes above and beyond anything we have experienced before. I cannot recommend it enough.

2 days before our arrival we actually had dinner with the group at Don Manuel’s and had a private bonfire on the beach. It was stunning and an experience we will never forget.

The hotel is a little slice of heaven on earth. The rooms are beautiful, the restaurants are superb, the spa is divine and to top it all off the staff are friendly, accommodating and attentive.

Yes it’s a little expensive but it is worth every single penny and more!

Capella provided the perfect end to a fantastic holiday and I hope to return again one day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carlea24

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We just spent three nights at Capella and really enjoyed it.
The food, grounds, accomodations and personnel were excellent. The location is also very good as it is secluded, but right in town, so it is easy to enjoy off property restaurants and other activities. We also really enjoyed the beautiful spa and our massages were fantastic.
Just a couple of issues that kept it from getting 5 stars.
1. Plunge pool was fantastic, but not very private.
2. Personal assistant was not as easily accessible as what we have experienced at other resorts. She was very sweet, but I think she had too many guests to manage.
3. I would also say that service was very good, but not world class. The willingness and warmth of the staff was excellent, they just did not always get it right. For example, calling for luggage assistance and having to call again when no one shows up after 20 minutes.
4. A lot of kids. Not sure if it was due to timing as we stayed over New Years, but there were just a few too many for our liking. Don't get me wrong, we have kids and grand kids...love them, but when we are spending such big $$ in such a romantic setting, we prefer not to have to listen to screaming kids all day and spend every meal with children. The kids were pretty well behaved, but they are still kids. They are loud and they create a totally different atmosphere. They were also allowed in the adult pool on occassion.
Believe me, overall, you will not be disappointed with this resort and we would recommend it to friends and family. We are being picky here because when you pay such a high price for a stay, you have the right to be picky.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mlgtexas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a wonderful 6 nights at the Capella. The rooms were very nice, although the furniture configuration was not great. it was a little difficult to move around the chairs. The patio was wonderful with a great view. Every day they came with wonderful guacamole at 4pm, it was very good. There was a 15% room bill service charge added every day. This covers the gratuities for staff. i did not know this until check out. We had been tipping the staff generously for a week when I then realized a significant amount was charged to my room everyday. The staff was fantastic, but this was very expensive.

We ate at the beach every day, and the food was very good as well as the breakfast. We had breakfast included with our room. However, water is not included in the breakfast. We were charged $7 one morning for water, when the water in your room and other places is complimentary. Since they told us not to drink the water, I thought this was high.

We had a nice New Year's Eve dinner as well. We ate early, as I knew that the midnight party would be crazy, and it was. Again, we paid a very expensive price per person for dinner, and they charged us for water. I know it sounds cheap on my part; however, I think it is actually cheap on the hotel's part to charge for water, when I paid close to $200/pp for dinner (without alcohol). The horse show prior to dinner was very good.

The personal assistant who helps you book activates was wonderful. They helped me get all of our reservations for dinner and all of them were great. One of our favorite dinners is always the hotel's restaurant, El Farrylon. Love it. We also liked dinner at Capo San Giovani. Dinner at Esperanza was wonderful as well.

We loved the zip line and the ATV activity.

Overall, it was a wonderful trip and we hated to leave. Be sure to check your bill carefully before you leave, there were two mistakes made on mine and the man checking out next to me had a couple of mistakes as well.

I would stay here again, just some tips to help future travelers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank cjg2901
Reviewed January 2, 2013

this is our fourth time at capella and obviously we love it, otherwise why would we keep coming back! as others have noted, the service, location, facilities and rooms are all a cut above what one comes to expect from a high end hotel. thanks to all the staff who helped us out there during our stay as you were fantastic: fernando-the director of rooms who promptly moved us to a capella suite when we had a concern about noise from the room above us. thank you, we loved the suite. also thanks to marisol-our PA who arranged reservations whenever we needed them for anything; eddie-next time we will spend more time at the pool with you...; vanessa-one of the masseuse's who did our couples massage (i'm afraid i forgot the name of the other masseuse) which was just a superb experience; the helpful waiters at don manuel's; and our driver to and from the airport. all of you made this an extremely pleasant thanksgiving getaway which we thoroughly enjoyed.

we will be back again at some point, hopefully late this year.

Room Tip: higher is better of you are getting a room in one of the main buildings. the suites are lower level...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wellingtontraveler
CapellaManagement, Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest -

It is always such a great pleasure to see your family return through the tunnel! Thank you so much for your continued support. We will be sure to pass along your gratitude to the entire staff.

We cannot wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Capella is the nicest hotel & has the best food & service. Very relaxing... Honeymoon style. We had drinks in the outdoor lounge area, and dinner in the restaurant, overlooking the ocean. The food and service were magnificent. They brought blankets to keep us warm.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
CapellaManagement, Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest -

Thank you so much for the kind words. We love all of our families and are so glad that you found our villa so comfortable. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Have a wonderful 2013...

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We are just completing a week long stay at the CP (my wife and I have 3 children) and it was fantastic. We've stayed at numerous Four Season resorts and as outstanding as Four Seasons service was---the service at the CP was even better. Staff could not have been more attentive and helpful at all times.

The setting is spectacular and the rooms (we were in a 2 bedroom villa) with their private plunge pools were breathtaking.

I have never written a hotel review on Trip Advisor before but felt that I had to praise this outstanding hotel.

The Berger Family

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lebergerus
Reviewed December 21, 2012

One of the world's best spas. I highly recommend Alicia, who combined three differtn techniques to provide one of the best massages I have ever had. This spa has it all and doesn't dissapoint, unlike some of the imitators you find at luxury resorts that charge too much and fall flat. Take several hours to absorb this place as it has much to offer. Have lunch by the private salt pool. Food is excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest -

Thank you so much for the comments. We will certainly pass them along to our wonderful ladies and gentleman at Auriga Spa. There is no doubt that a stay at Capella would not be the same without a spa treatment from our team. No better way to relax in the Baja.

All our best,

One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosew...
#2 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to The Resort at Pedregal? Share your experiences!