“Amazing place - exceeded high expectations!”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were blown away. I don't want to go into every detail, because part of the joy of the experience was that many of the special touches were a surprise to us. The staff was excellent - the drivers, servers, waiters, pool attendants, personal assistants, bellman, etc. - and they really do help make the experience here that much better. You'll see what I mean when you go to Capella. The rooms are incredible... they all have infinity pools, ocean views, luxurious amenities. The grounds, the pools, the beach, the restaurants, the hotel architecture - we never left the resort except for a quick jaunt to the marina.

Go to El Farallon for dinner one night - dramatic setting, amazing fresh fish. And go to Don Manuel for breakfast and dinner. We loved lunch at the pool bar and at the Beach Club restaurant. The food was really excellent! So were the drinks... loved the margaritas made with fresh ingredients - not sugary mixers. Capella is expensive (the rooms and the food), but we felt it was great value, because it was one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had and we've stayed in some very special places.

I've been to One & Only Palmilla and Esperance in Cabo - both are very nice, true luxury hotels - but when we return to Cabo, Capella will be the place we stay again.

Room Tip: they are all good - request a non ground level room for best views and privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,810)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been on many vacations over the last 6 years. This hotel was the best that I have experienced. Before going on our trip I read trip advisor and thought that there was no way a hotel could be this good. Well it was. The hotel lives up to the 5 star rating in every way. From the Security guard, to the bellman, concierge staff, front desk and everyone in between. The Property was amazing. We staying in the Estrella suite room 244 and were nothing short of completely satisfied. I love to take photos and there was always someone to ask if I would like for them to get shots or my boyfriend and I together. The Gym was fantastic, the food was phenomenal, and ambiance was on point. I can't say enough great things about Capella Pedregal and will most definitely recommend anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are the best... Estrella Suite
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just got back last night and are already trying to figure out when we can go back. This place was amazing, the service, the accommodations, the food..everything! While there is no need to leave the resort, we did with just a short golf cart ride through the tunnel and we were in town. It is the best location in addition to everything else. I can not think of a negative thing to say about this amazing place. Once again, I want to reiterate the service was top notch! The staff from entering the hotel to the bartenders, pool attendants, cleaning crew, everyone without exception was above and beyond! Not to mention the insanely beautiful view!

1  Thank Sonniebry
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Loved this place! Driving through the tunnel gives you such a feeling of privacy and exclusivity. Then you're blown away when you arrive. I've been to a lot of nice places and this is the nicest hotel I've ever been to. El Farallon is the nicest restaurant I've been to. The overall property is stunningly beautiful, the staff fantastic in every way. Totally 5 starts. Here is a run down:

Rooms - we were upgraded to a villa (600 building). It was huge, 2 BR, 2.5BA, full kitchen, large living room, dining room, covered balcony (which is nice to escape the sun). This was a romantic trip, so the large space was too large. Call us crazy, but we downsized to an Estrella Suite and to be closer to the water. If we had a family, it would have been great. The Estrella Suite (300 building) was perfect, on the corner. I keep using the word perfect, but everything was. We didn't drink much of the tequila in the room and the beers/guacamola were nice in the afternoon.

Spa - we had massages daily. The spa is great and I was worried that the tiny women assigned to me, couldn't give a great sport massage - was I wrong! Fantastic massage! What I really liked about the sports massage is the stretching the incorporated in. Usually with a sports massage they only push harder, but this was different and I liked it. May not be for everyone, but was for me. Loved their steam procession, from dry to wet to ice cold and then jacuzzi.

Pool - the hotel is smart; families on one side of the resort, adult only pool on the other side. Nice infinity pools all over. Great margaritas!

Food - El Farallon - this was a highlight and definitely a destination/special dinner. The wine menu is really high to overpriced, but the food is inline with what I expected. We had the fish sampler and it was done very well. Carved out of the hill with waves crashing around and live music. it's a very special restaurant and incredibly romantic. Best donuts I've had...ever.

Negatives - being on a corner suite, there was little escape from the sun in the morning through late afternoon. There aren't a lot of plugs in the room if you have computers, or phones, etc.

Other helpful items: Car Rental - we rented a car from Cactus Car Rental, speak with Antonio, they are great and much less expensive than the others. We shopped at Walmart for some small snacks/drinks for our room. There is plenty of bottled water provided by the hotel, so no need. Airline - WARNING - if you can avoid Alaska Airlines, do so. Our flight was 6 hours late the first leg and 2+ hours late on the way back. I checked their 7 day average and it runs consistently late (even the customs staff said so).

Room Tip: 600 building is in the back and far away from the ocean with obstructed views. Ask the staff to sho...
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We just returned from our honeymoon at the Capella Pedregal, and felt compelled to add our kudos to this extraordinary resort! Having read many of the reviews, we were wondering how a hotel could live up to the superior ratings and comments. Well.....within the first 15 minutes upon arriving, we got it! Patrick met us immediately to welcome us and make sure we were taken care of, and his incredible service maintained that level of excellence throughout our stay! (He must work 80 hours a week!!!) The entire staff was as friendly and accommodating as Patrick. Where do they find all of these amazing people??? And the Casita we stayed in was by far my favorite suite ever! Even surpassing the hotel we enjoyed during our recent stay in St. Jean Cap Ferrat on the French Riviera! As many of the reviews say, there is no reason to leave the resort....The food, service, ocean views, pools, bars, and most of all, staff, are second to NONE! Thank you all so very much for giving us the most memorable and wonderful honeymoon we could ever have imagined!

Room Tip: The Casitas right on the beach are worth the money if you LOVE being in a beachfront suite, having y...
1  Thank Dana M
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place lives up to all of the 5 star reviews. Superb service, amazing room (complete with private pool/hot tub on the balcony), and great food. Everyone is willing to do what ever it takes to make you happy. The pools and swim up bar was great as were the bar tenders and pool staff. I would have liked a casual dinner option (other than room service) as the Beach Club restaurant is closed for dinner. If we were more adventurous, we would have explored the town a little more for dinner options. But, the Capella is so amazing that we didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Even though our room was at the very end of the hotel, it was still amazing.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was not excited by a return trip to Cabo San Lucas until I did a little research on Capella and decided to give it a try. We were there with a group and were blown away at the quality of the property, it's amenities. The check in process was seamless. You bypass the front desk and walk to your room and after giving you a complete orientation finished with a shot of Tequila, your stay begins. We had a fabulous room and view with our own dipping pool. There doesn't seem to be a bad room at Capella. The food and service were five star and above. In fact, we only left the property once for a group dinner at another restaurant. Unless you have a desire for the night life of Cabo, there is absolutely no reason to leave. We would wake up every morning at sunrise and sit in our dipping pool with an espresso and watch the sun rise and all of the fishing boats going out. I will post some photos later but if you go to there website you'll see what they have to offer. This is a wonderful place for a honeymoon, regardless of how long you've been married. If you're looking for a top-drawer experience in Mexico, this is your place!...I forgot to mention the bucket with two Coronas and the quacamole and chips delivered every evening between 4 and 5. Trust me, you can't top this place!!!!

Room Tip: This higher rooms have a better view but none have a bad view!
2  Thank khanks70471