“Fantastic place”

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Vancouver, BC
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We just returned from 5 nights here and thought it was outstanding. The resort and rooms were beautiful and exactly what we expected, based on the website and trip advisor reviews. The staff were very helpful and kind. The food was good and sometimes great. It was extremely relaxing and I don't think there is much they could do to make it better. It was expensive, but it's Cabo. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here! Possibly our best vacation ever!

1 Thank jtravelVancouver_BC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
san diego, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed at the Capella Pedregal for 5 nights during December to celebrate my husband's birthday. I booked the escape package which included transportation to and from the hotel, daily buffet breakfast & one free night. I was contacted by a PA prior to the trip. Very helpful. I tried to book El Farrallon for my husband's birthday dinner, we ended up going the night before, as the restaurant is closed on Mondays. We ate at Don Manuel's which was good. As other reviewers have noted food is very expensive at either restaurants. A decent bottle of wine is twice what you would pay at a US restaurant, that being said, you definitely don't go to Capella to save $$! I asked for a bottle of champagne to be delivered on the birthday. I was a little disappointed that it never arrived, but I didn't follow up as we had plenty of beverages that day!

We were picked up at the airport promptly by a Capella employee in a suburban. They greet you with cold bottled water and some grapes and candy. Check-in was a breeze. We were shown to our room and offered an upgrade that was on special to a higher floor. We took the upgrade to the 4th floor. Well worth the extra $$. It was high enough to be very private, the lower floor was too close to the walkway (room 343). They had a bottle of Don Julio tequila and the daily ammenities of 2 Coronitas and chips, salsa and quac. The rooms themselves are beautifully decorated (see pics), in a sort of southwestern style. Every room has the stand alone soaking tub, open dual shower, fireplace, flatscreen and large deck with your own plunge pool. Very cool! The weather was really nice, high 70's during the day, low 60's at night. I found the AC noisy, so we mainly slept with the sliding door open.

The pool was great, good size, always loungers available. It's a small resort (66 rooms) and never seemed crowded. The pool guys make sure you are all set up with towels and a bucket with 2 complimentary iced bottled waters. We only saw a couple of really small kids, mostly couples. Every day we were asked by multiple people at the pool for our room number, they need to come up with a better system for documenting, but the guys were great, very friendly and very fast with the requests. I would like to see them completely change out the lounger coverings when a lounger is turned over, not just the towel.

The spa is beautiful, but I will caution that you carefully read your treatment and ask questions, as mine did not include any trace of a massage and I didn't know I had to rinse off in the middle of my session, some things are lost in translation. They need to add ammenities like combs, hairbrushes, razors, hair dyers etc to the ladies spa as its a little barren. It has a jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and an ice room.

Breakfast daily at Don Manuel's was a treat. Great omelette and egg station, breads, fruit, cereals,etc and the guys in the restaurant go out of their way to be helpful.

Through the concierge they arranged a sunset cruise with Tropicat, it was a wine and jazz cruise and we loved it! 5 min walk to the marina, highly recommend it. We ate off campus a few times, Edith's was really nice, a little spotty with the service, but good food.

Overall this resort is incredible, the grounds are breathtaking, the gym is nicely furnished and the service excellent. Some things tend to get miscommincated but in the big picture it's really minor stuff. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort. I know we'll be back!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Travelgirl056
Lake Bluff, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

Okay, let me say that we loved the place, and we plan to return, so I'll concentrate on why I only gave it a very good rather than excellent.
1. They drag the beach with a small four-wheeler at 6 a.m. and if you want to enjoy the surf and fresh air at night, plan to wake up to the sound of that four-wheeler dragging the beach. If I'd paid for the very expensive beach casitas I'd have been very upset.
2. The food and coffee and drinks are very expensive which was not unexpected but they were inconsistent. One time they'd be very fruity, the next overloaded with Tequila. (The general manager acknowledged they'd been training on the balance.)
3. The south side pool and lunch restaurant was staffed with EXCELLENT help and less crowded. One of the young me was able to lend me the asst. general manager's ear phones so I could listen to my music. That was service. The main pool on the north side of the resort was staffed with some excellent help but two or three of the employees had an attitude and the serviced wasn't nearly as helpful. When brought to the attention of the food and beverage manager, it became much better.
4. The spa is wonderful, but my wife had a novice masseuse whose singular skill seemed to be sticking his elbow in your back. My masseuse was excellent. See - very good but not perfect.

There were plenty of good things. Every night two Coronas with guac and chips were delivered to the room, complimentary. Every time we asked for help, it was delivered in nearly record time. The views were outstanding. The rooms were outstanding. The pools and their proximity to the ocean are outstanding.

We were there during early December and the decorations were heart warming. If you need a golf course within walking distance, this isn't your place. If you need a broader variety of restaurant choices than two, this isn't your place. But if you want attentive service in a very private and protected setting where you concentrate on your spouse, by all means it's fantastic.

Room Tip: We were in 143 on the top floor, and the view was spectacular. The beach front casitas look nice but...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Donald P
KarenandScott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Capella Pedregal is nothing short of sublime. Perfect, unbelievable. Our room which was close to the rocks which crashed against the shore was a magical sight ... the room itself was magical. The staff was so kind, and gracious ... it was beyond anything we have ever experienced.
We finally decided it makes some of our favorite hotels including several Four Seasons seem like Motel Six's ... every single touch from the bottle of tequila that was a welcome gift to the late afternoon guacamole-salsa and chips with cold corona were perfect touches. The pools were beautiful. Everything there defies description. Sedate, private and completely relaxing. We will return .... sooner rather than later ...

1 Thank KarenandScott
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

There is no denying Capella Pedregal is a spectacular resort. It's location provides privacy and stunning views of the crystal blue water. We were lucky enough to see whales!!! The accomodation, of good size features your own infinity plunge pool and fireplace. There are 3 pools, one an adults only with a bar. The bar staff frequently come around with bite size complimentary fruit and margaritas! Just the thing when you are relaxing by the exquisite pool! The two restaurants offer delicious food. Offering daily caught fish and organic fruit and vegetables. The price point of the food and alcohol was very reasonable except for Thankgiving night. That set menu was a total ripoff and quite deceiving of the hotel. Now while we enjoyed our stay there were problems. Every time we dined at either resturant we were seated at the worst table: inside, in a booth, no view and close to the door to the kitchen. This was even when other more desirable tables were available.Cleaning of the room not done one day, no ice in room after asking for it 3 times, charging our credit card for accomodation prior to our departure when we had prepaid it and front desk was given the voucher on our arrival, we paid for airport service and lounge only to be told at airport our terminal didn't have a lounge and the airport hotel representative was just plain lazy. But I suppose the thing I noticed the most was not once did I see the General Manager or someone in authority present around the hotel talking to guests or just being visual. For a small hotel of that standard I would have expected to see this. This hotel has the makings of being a outstanding hotel- the staff are willing to help and learn but they need greater support/ hands on from their superiors.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the beach.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Everything was awesome at Capella Pedregal. From day one to day six, we were in constant awe of the sheer beauty of the resort, and the beauty of each of the staff. Each of them were so kind and so engaged in making our stay there the best that it could be, and it was! Thanks to Patrick, Germain, Lula, Eddie, Jose', Macho Man and all the staff. We love you!

Room Tip: Vistamar 3 (building 3, our room, 335, was great)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

You will never be treated better than you will here. I travel for a living and have stayed in the full range of hotels and by FAR nothing compares to the experience my wife and I had here.

The STAFF is what makes this place, they really want you here and want to serve you. It is not out of obligation but a real desire or at least that is how they make you feel. Everything, and I mean Everything about my stay here was GREAT.

If you want to be a hero with your wife, boss, friends, family, recommend they stay here as you will never be treated to a total experience like this ANYWHERE.

Room Tip: ANY and ALL the rooms were great, this is the only property that I have viewed on the Internet and f...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business