“I made a mistake”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed October 17, 2011

About 6 months ago I wrote a nasty review on the resort in Cabo called Capella Pedregal. I had hurt my back very badly and was laid up for about 2 weeks and had to postpone my trip with my wife down there and the resort was not going to give me credit for my 2 night deposit.
Shortly after I wrote (hastily I might add) the review I was contacted by Joge Castro the front desk manager at the resort and told that there was a mix up and that my deposit would be able to be used in the future. Because my back is REALLY messed up I had to postpone another time and I even let Jorge know that it was ok to not give me credit for it this time and he said again no problem . We finally made it down to this really fantastic resort in Cabo and had one of the best vacations that we can remember. EVER!
The resort is located on a very secluded beach and has views that seem to never end. Each unit comes with its own infinity pool and the attention to detail in the design of the hotel is over the top. They have a restaurant built into the cliff overlooking the splashing waves called Farallon and this place rocks! Really great food and ambience!
The breakfast each morning (included in room fee) is really more like a huge brunch that had me searching to think of something to eat that they did not offer...I could not.
The staff was the best part. When we first arrived Alex greeted us by our name and ushered us straight to our room without having to wait around at the front desk. Alex was there for us whenever we needed anything and I will say he is a very special person and a gentleman. Way to go alex...thank you!!
Jorge is the backbone of the hotel and is truly the best at what he does! first class all the way. As I mentioned in the beginning of this review...I made a mistake and I am man enough to own up to it.
If you have not been down to this resort you owe it to yourself to get on a plane and make it happen. We flew out of San Diego and it is just 2 hours on Alaska. We felt very safe down there and really never had one issue the entire time....well the wifie dirty dancing at Cabo Wabo was entertaining...LOL

Rower Power

Room Tip: The rooms are huge and almost all of them are ocean front
10  Thank RowerPower
There are newer reviews for The Resort at Pedregal

Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is our third stay at Capella in the past year and a half. Being huge Cabo fans - we have been coming to Cabo for over 15 years! We have stayed at all the top vacations spots and truly feel Capella is a #1 property. We have Capella's 1 and 2 bedroom suites and their residential 4 bedroom unit and have enjoyed every aspect of the property. The food is exceptional and the service is outstanding. Pedregal is nice and removed from the hustle and bustle of the rest of Cabo, yet just walking distance from the action when the desire arises. The beach is beautiful and the views are spectacular. Spa, Pools and Restaurants are #1 as well. You almost need more than just a long weekend to really enjoy everything that Capella has to offer. We have already booked our trip back in the February! A vacation spot not to be missed!

2  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed at Capella for 5 nights September 26th-Oct 1st. The resort is gorgeous and everyone is extremely friendly. The location is great too. The food is perfect in all 3 places to eat. Wpnderful spa, mostly great service.

We had some problems in our room: The fireplace and shower did not work and it took them 2 days to fix it. Look out for the little tiny ants, they are in your room and on your balcony. Everyone was accomodating and wonderful. The wait staff, breakfast chef, pool staff, spa staff, front desk etc... except we had a bad experience with Claudia at the front desk. She was very unhelpful and is the main reason there is a 4 and not 5 star rating.

It was my first time in Cabo so I can not compare it to other hotels, but we saw other hotels on the shared van to and from the airport and ours was definitely the most beautiful. We did the Cabo Camels tour. So fun. Ask for Polo.

It is full of cruise ship tourists and overly aggressive locals trying to sell you tours and trinckets. Children are begging and they are aggressive, not cute. In the evening the marina is full of the same locals trying to force you to eat at their restaurants. La Golondrina was excellent. $8-$10 cab ride and 5 minutes from hotel. Close to the ME hotel.

1  Thank GCATravel
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have followed the reviews for this place for the better part of a year wanting to make sure I made the right choice for our Honeymoon. Every review you may have read or will read is spot on! This is truly a luxury resort, complete with the occasional Hollywood personality which speaks of it's privacy and over-the-top service.
My new bride and I arrived for our first trip to Cabo 3 Oct 2011. Step by step we learned our way quickly through the sales pitches at the airport. For you first-timers, just keep walking until you get outside where a Capella staff member will escort you to your very nice ride to the hotel. Otherwise you'll endure the friendly but pushy sales people, especially when they ask which hotel you are staying at!
Once in your ride, you'll be greeted by a super friendly driver, cold water and a cool towel. If you are hungry, there's a menu onboard to order ahead so it's in your room when you arrive.
Hotel arrival is just the best ever. We arrived around dinner time, but opted for room service to wind down. This was our first glimpse of how truly special the food was going to be. Being a "basic" kind of guy, I ordered a hamburger even though the price would make most look twice, after one bite you'll know why!
The morning of our first full day we sat down with Germaine, one of the Personal Assistants, to plan out our week. Every one of his recommendations was #1 as we utilized our "Honeymoon Package" to it's fullest with a few added excursions to round out the week with activities without being on a hectic schedule, it's vacation time, right?
Breakfast = WOW, amazing food
Don Manuel's = awesome
El Farallon = the total package of setting and food, amazing service and attention to detail
The Spa = we've both been pretty steady customers on the massage table but this place is so over the top with service and quality, DO NOT MISS THIS!!!!
We rounded out our activities with a kayak/snorkle adventure and a half day fishing where we had a Mahi Mahi break free, but the Blue Marlin made it to the boat....a few times! LOL That made my trip all the more special, even my wife was happy to go fishing, a first! I think she enjoyed the 100+ dolphins swimming around the boat the most though. A sunset cruise was just so much fun on the Cabo Mar, the crew made it that way.
Our room was #25 which has been mentioned before, a Capella room that is all that, postcard views, just amazing! By now you've read all about the 4pm beers and chips with salsa and guacamole. A special treat is the turn down service, that lady is awesome/amazing/truly talented with her craft.
So to sum it up without giving away too much, all the food is fresh and delicious, your taste buds will thank you over and over. Peter and his staff have spared no expense to make sure you have the time of your life, enjoy it! The views, the swim up bar, the ocean.....I could go on for days, Capella is the BEST EVER!!!! I have over 200 pictures and my wife has another 100 and we didn't get it all, that is how special this place is, just GO!!!!

Room Tip: #25 is a can't miss room!
4  Thank n17wings
Reviewed October 13, 2011

If you are considering travelling to the Cabo San Lucas area for your honeymoon or any vacation for that matter... Capella Pedregal is the absolute best of everything. Close to the marina and downtown but when you are at the resort you feel absolutely isolated (but in a good way). You can be as close or as far away from anything as you choose. The staff is outstanding and bend over backwards for anything you want. Trip Advisor reviews were a large part of why we choose the resort. I never post these types of reviews but since they were so important to our decision we felt that it was important to share our experience with anybody considering Capella Pedregal. If you are on the fence-post....get off and pick Capella Pedregal; you will not be dissapointed!

Room Tip: We stayed in 23, the highest room in the resort. The view was amazing but there can't be a bad v...
2  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Capella is the best place we have ever stayed, hands down. Georgeous property, walking distance to Marina, Mall and great restaurants.
We had our wedding there at the spa pool and it was absolutely perfect and private.
First class service, a friendly, caring staff selected from over 1,000 applicants (yes, we asked :-)). Treats were served each day by the pool at 10, 12 and 2. In room treats at 4:30 and at turn down. The treats are different each day...things like Capella Margarita, cucumber margarita, basil margarita, fresh sorbet, chocolates...you get the picture.
Breakfasts are second to none. The chefs are so great, if there is something you want that's not on the menu, just ask for it, they can do it.
The Estrella suite was beyond our expectation. Open rainshower, huge comfortable bed, two patio spaces, private plunge pool with fire pit, votive candles waiting for us every night... very romantic.
We made many friends vacationing there who were also in love with the place. Mostly couples and honeymooners. We have already made plans to meet them again at Capella for our shared anniversary trips :-).
Since I've been home I've told every friend I have that they have to go to Capella Pedregal to experience what we did. So hard to put in words. to try to describe a place so good, I almost want to keep it a secret to ensure it stays exactly the same, this small hotel that caters to every desire.

Room Tip: Estrella suite, 3rd floor in front of private beach at El Farllon restaurant was totally private, wi...
3  Thank TracyMoon
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This was BY FAR the best resort I have EVER stayed at in my life!! My wife and I went there for our honeymoon and stayed there for 12 of the best, most relaxing days of our lives!! 12 days was even too short when staying at this resort!! From the time we were picked up at the airport till the time we were escorted with our bags carried to the security line on the way home, the Capella staff was INCREDIBLE!!!! While we did many excursions and what not, we spent the majority of our days at the pool where we were treated like celebrities every single minute of every single day!! The pool staff were amazing and make sure you have everything you need or want all day long! When you are at the pool, make sure you ask for Abraham!!! He is absolutely hysterical and will fulfill your every want or need! Omar is the main bar tender and makes INCREDIBLE drinks. He will know what you like within 1 hour of being at the pool. They were both amazing people let alone amazing workers!!!! Every morning we had breakfast at Don Manuel's.. The buffet is AMAZING!! If you want it, they DEFINITELY have it! The staff at Don Manuel's are AMAZING as well!! I would like to give a special thanks to Ricardo in Don Manuel's! He is the nicest man I have ever met and took the time to make sure our every need or want was given to us at ALL times! He spent half of our breakfast with us every day just getting to know us and you could really tell that he was authentic and took a lot of pride in his work!! THANK YOU SO MUCH RICARDO!!! From the Personal Assistants, to the Front Desk, the cleaning lady's, the landscapers, to EVERY SINGLE person who worked at the Capella, all had a smile on their faces every time you looked in there direction! The room we had (room 21) was beyond perfect! All the rooms are great but we REALLY loved ours!!! The grounds are gorgeous! The food was AMAZING! I mean, I can go on and on about this hotel and tell you all of the AMAZING things about it but you have to experience it for yourself to really understand how incredible it really is! GO THERE!!!! TRUST ME!!!

All in all, my favorite thing about this hotel is that is it fairly small and VERY private. We made some life long friends during our stay and so will you! Don't forget to go to the spa either!! My wife and I went twice while we were there and it was incredible both times.

Please do not believe any of the bad comments about this hotel!! People who complain about the prices of everything should not be staying at this resort in the 1st place! Go to an all inclusive piece of S**t and you'll be happy!

THANK YOU SO MUCH CAPELLA FOR THE BEST VACATION MY WIFE AND I EVER HAD!!! YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING THAT IS COMING TO YOU!!

DANNY

Room Tip: Room 21 was amazing!! Ask for a higher level in a regular room for a better view..
6  Thank Danny W
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to The Resort at Pedregal? Share your experiences!