“Coming Back”

Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
st louis
“Coming Back”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We had a wonderful time at Capella. From the person that met us at the airport until they dropped us off was professional and friendly. Always a smile on there face. We thought the rooms we very nice and roomy. Food was always good, though we did venture into town most evenings. Just for a change of pace. The employees always made great recommendations on where else to eat, and concierge made reservations. The concern of all employees was ensuring that we were enjoying ourselves.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eddStLouis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Capella Pedregal is the nicest resort I have ever been to. My girlfriend and I stayed there in September 2011 and had the time of our lives. The experience started with a warm greeting at the front gate asking us if we would like a margarita. After driving through the private tunnel, we were met by the staff with drinks and a golf cart waiting to take us to our room. The view from the room was beyond expectations. Our deck with plunge pool looked out over the pool and beach toward the Pacific Ocean. The daily service was just right from the staff at the pools, the gym, restaurants, and spa. We enjoyed the intimacy of the relaxing couples massage. The resort is also within easy walking distance from the town for shopping. I highly recommend looking for the secret passage through the rocks from the resort to Lover's Beach. We both hope to return to Capella Pedregal soon and often.

1 Thank John B
NJ
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I went to Capella for my honeymoon from 9/20-9/28. We booked the Escape package which included round trip airport transfer and breakfast. About 2 weeks prior to our departure I contacted the "Personal assistant" regarding our airport transfers. Not sure if he would have contacted us, but I did not want to wait until the last minute. Airport transfers were arranged, a spa visit was scheduled and i was informed El Farrallon, their cliff side restaurant, would be closed for our stay. We had received a few wedding gifts of credits to the resort. One of those was a dinner at El Farrallon. I mentioned this to our personal assistant and was told that we could use the credit towards other things without a problem.
We arrived and the airport transfer was great. Driver greeted us with water and candy. Very nice and a relaxing ride to the resort. Got to the resort and was greeted by our personal assistant Carlos who gave us a brief tour. We settled in our room, which was awesome, and then proceeded along with our stay. The breakfasts were excellent, and restaurant staff was very friendly and good. Pool staff was hit or miss. If you were just lounging around and not ordering anything they would leave you alone and help with the umbrellas sometimes. (I think the restaurant staff was helping me with umbrellas more then the pool staff) Our stay was nice, housekeeping was friendly, the spa was a wonderful experience, and overall it was good. We never did hear from our Personal Assistant again though. I thought we might have gotten a call to see if we wanted to book any trips or anything but nothing. Upon checkout we reviewed the bill and we were missing the credit for the El Farrallon dinner ($180). We told the gentleman we were checking out with that it was on our registry and I had told our personal assistant about it and it was not a problem. He called the desk with the personal assistants and they said there was nothing. We would have to call from home with some proof. I was annoyed at this point because I had mentioned this previously and it should not be an issue now. When I got home I looked up the registry and saw the gift was there and called Capella. I was told that it would be taken care of and a new bill would be emailed. I was a little annoyed that when I was standing at the desk telling them all this that they could not find a record, but when I call from home and say that it shows I have it, they take care of it. Overall the location is great, staff is pretty good, but there are some little things that need to be addressed. I did come with high expectations, but nothing that was out of this world.

8 Thank Pqlish
New York
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Truly amazing! I couldn't get over how nice and friendly and helpful the staff were. They would stop everything they were doing to look you in the eye and greet you with a smile. All without losing their own individual personalities. The staff training program there must be one of the best in the world for it was consistent throughout the entire hotel. I can't rave enough about the food - Don Miguel's breakfast buffet had tons of fresh fruit and freshly squeezed juices, fresh baked breads, omelette/egg station and many other options. The pool staff would periodically pass around fresh fruit dipped in chocolate or serve frozen concoctions on a platter and the frozen margarita choice of the day! You were never without water - always offered or out for the taking. The turn down service at night was the most incredible I've every experienced. I could go on and on about the beautiful decor of the rooms, but you can look online and see that for yourself. The location is perfect as well - we walked into town 5 out of the 7 days we were there. Love, love, love this place!

Los Angeles
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I wrote a previous review about Capella Pedregal when we had come for a John Legend concert in Dec. 2010. It was so amazing the first time around (although we were only there for 2 days) that we booked a longer stay during the summer. If you've read the previous reviews, they are ALL TRUE! Everything people are saying about how wonderful this place is, is 100% accurate.

This is the only thing I will add to the rest of the reviews (which I had never given much thought to, even though we've traveled to Los Cabos many times) is that the location of Capella is ideal. If we are staying at a place like Capella, my husband and I usually eat at the hotels restaurants the entire length of our vacation. But, due to the fact that this property is so close to other restaurants, we decided to try some of them and one of them particularly, was FANTASTIC. It was really nice to be able to walk out and dine/lunch at other places. So, if you are debating on whether or not to stay...just do it. You will not regret it. Oh, the name of the restaurant that we completely recommend is Hacienda El Coyote (it might look a little lonely, but just go in and order the Lobster Crepes and Churros for dessert--delicious!)

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, but if you could request a room on a higher level, you would have a better...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Was left with an amazing experience. A true focus on customer service. Even when we would think the answer would be no they found a way not only to say yes but make it "Capella"

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Team_blu
Houston
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Everything at Capella is top of the line. The rooms, the pool, the spa, the restaurants, the service, everything is just perfect. My wife and I spent 4 nights for our one year anniversary and I can say that this place is heaven. It is just fun, beautiful, relaxing. The food is pricy but that can be expected. The two restaurants there are excellent, and we didn't even find it all that appealing to go dine outside of the resort. The spa is top notch. After being to many 5 star resorts, Capella would have to be the best we've stayed at.

2 Thank AmitB_11
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to The Resort at Pedregal? Share your experiences!