“Great View, Nice Venue, Bad Service, and a bit pricey!”
Review of Villa Serena

Villa Serena
Ranked #147 of 587 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The best casual restaurant in Cabo with a big palapa, swimming pool and ocean view, we have the traditional steam lobster tail for 19.95 usd, steaks, sea food, salads, and Mexican food.Villa Serena has breakfast, lunch and dinner, open from 7:00 am to 10:00pm. Have a live music from Tuesday to Sunday 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm with Jaime Martinez guitar player.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Disappointed after my 3rd visit. First two times were with a true "regular" ... prices and service was great. Then re-visted with the entire family to swim and relax on an afternoon and was a surprised with disappointment.

Poor service. Table wasn't clean. Had 2 different waiters plus someone else taking drink orders. Very expensive drinks ... 180 pesos for a margarita! I was floored. Charged for refills on iced tea. Shrimp salad was not at all how waiter explained it. Chicken Caesar delivered with 3 romaine leafs and no chicken. Despite all that... no adjustment in the bill plus they added their own tip.

It will be a long time before I re-visit and do not recommend. Better places, better food, and better prices can be found!

1  Thank shesellscabo
PVieja_VillaS-Cabos, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Serena, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Sorry take us so long to respond.
We are very sorry and we apologize for these inconveniences , for us the opinions of each of our customers is very important to solve the problems and provide better service.

Again we apologize and hope you will visit us again to offers the better service with the best price.

There are newer reviews for Villa Serena

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went there with a guest to have a drink. Ordered two pina coladas and the waiter asked if we wanted small, medium or large. We said large I guess and I ordered a shot of Kalua. The drinks were in a big margarita type glass. The drinks were okay, but very little rum. I don't drink much and I can feel a shot of tequila. Neither of us felt anything. Anyway, big deal. The shock was when we got the bill. 620 pesos for ice, coconut cream, pineapple juice, a little rum and a shot of Kalua!!! I have "quit" going there several times over the years for various reasons, but this does it. The waiter should have informed us of the price as I doubt we were the first ones to get sucked in. I heard yesterday from a friend that he had a $44 USD margarita there so watch out!! Two could have two nice dinners and a couple drinks just about anywhere in town for 620 pesos. Yikes!!!!

1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I were staying nearby and wanted a lobster dinner. We went on a warm humid night and all seating is outdoors or in a patio setting. There is no air conditioning but there are ceiling fans. The service was excellent and we really enjoyed the guitarist who played appropriate music for a dinner atmosphere. I read the other reviews and can say they are accurate. The restaurant was uncrowded, clean, and we saw the staff easily accommodate a large party with good service. We ordered the $20 lobster special and the food was good, but had some issues with flies while eating. We also ordered 2 glasses of wine and 3 small margaritas and our check was over $90. I wouldn't say it was an excellent value, but we enjoyed our experience there.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our family went to Villa Serena based on the referral of a guest at our timeshare. We read the reviews and knew what to expect. The view was outstanding and the service was very good. We did see the children's playset that some have complained about we could understand this being an issue if we were seated next to it while in use.

My wife and I opted for the surf and turf and an extra plate for us to share with our seven year old daughter, We had pleanty of food to go around. The steaks were cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. The mini lobster tails were grilled to perfection and were a great addition to the meal.

Based on other reviews I was prepared for any issues while settling up on the $82 bill. I paid in pesos and avoided the $12 upcharge for paying in American dollars. I calculated a 20% tip and clearly laid out my pesos and closed my check with zero issues. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.

1  Thank Gulfview126
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We just returned to Grand Solmar after a special evening at Villa Serena. It was our last dinner this trip and we really saved the best for last. Four of us went there for the first time and the food was priced reasonably and the portions huge. The Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo was filled with a whole lobster, two large shrimp several pieces of Octopus -one order was more than enough for two of us. The steak and shrimp was excellent - top quality. The service was very, very good and the atmosphere quite nice. The guitar vocalist topped off the evening. The restaurant is on the corridor near Cabo Bello across from Home Depot on a dirt road toward the beach.