“Ingles, por favor.....” 1 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ingles, por favor.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were really looking forward to this trip. My son had never deep sea fished and as an avid fisherman, he was amped.

To begin, neither the first mate or the captain of the boat spoke a word of English. It's really hard to communicate at all when they understand little and even then, don't interact. I did not find the first mate (no idea on the name) to be overly active on the boat with switching bait, etc. He wasn't lazy, but was not really moving like I think they should. The only thing he really said was "no hungry" when speaking about the fish. The captain said zilch. We tipped them $30.00 for the effort....and we are not cheap folks typically.

I spoke to another boat that was out on our day and they caught four marlin and six dorado. We caught one single dorado. Not impressed.

We bought an all inclusive which had food and drinks included. The drinks were plentiful, even if they were stored in what smelled like a fish cooler. The food was a joke. We selected five Mexican lunches and two fried chicken lunches. What we got was four COLD taco lunches, zero fried chicken lunches and three lunches with egg burritos in them, also cold.

Sorry Dave, but never again. The couple hundred less that you charge simply is not worth the experience.

THE CLINCHER: we were walking through the marina the following day and passed the first mate. HE SNORTED AT US. Like a pig....or that he thought we were pigs....ridiculous.

Visited November 2013

Staten Island, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

In 2009 we made first contact with Zobe at Silverado Sport Fishing via telephone. She was extremely helpful and made us feel comfortable setting up a day of fishing via long distance. We met Gllen at the dock. We had a wonderful day of fishing with Captain Nacho and crew, and that was right after a category 5 hurricane–Jimena– passed through the area. Captain Nacho did everything he could to find the fish but as they say it is "fishing not catching." But we did end the day with a 48" Dorado. That day even though it was only one fish for the entire day was worth the trip.

That's why when we decided to return to Cabo this year, it only made sense to contact Zobe and Gllen and we booked with Silverado again. As luck would have it we were looking at a Tropical Storm– Juliette– forming and by the time we got to Cabo rescheduled from Thursday to Tuesday with absolutely no hassles.

We fished with Captain Juan and First Mate Juan. I was optimistic once again to perhaps catching my first marlin. Well Captain Juan's experience and determination got not only my first marlin but my second as well. The action for the entire day was incredible and my wife and I were totally exhausted by the end of the trip. We caught yellow fin tuna and more than 2 dozen dorado. We did keep half our catch and released the other half.

Silverado is a class outfit and a fantastic value. They provide everything you need. Clean vessels, good equipment but best of all great, great crews. I feel very safe as well fishing with them. The lunches and refreshments that you can purchase through them are good. They also take care of the license purchase for you. On fishing day just show up at the dock and Gllen will meet you and get you on your way. He and Zobe also meet you upon your return to port.

We cannot wait to return to Cabo for yet another great vacation. Rest assured that another fishing trip Silverado style will definitely be part of it.

Muchisimas gracias Zobe y Gllen. A la proxima vez!
Sus amigos de Nueva York, AngelaMaria y Gregorio Captain

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Greg C
Lafayette
“GREAT TIME & LOTS OF ACTION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I contacted Dave & booked an 8 hour trip for 4 of us on the 44' through Silverado. I was contacted shortly after by Zobe and had our lunches & drinks ordered. Met Glenn at the dock the morning of the trip & he took care of all our paper work then it was out to the Pacific! We had a great day catching lots of Tuna & Dorado! If you want a good day of fishing with a fun crew i would suggest Winner 7 Sportfishing!

Visited August 2013
Meridian, Idaho
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Fun, Good Value, Super People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

A group of 8 of us fished April 27th on the 43ft Muchacho Alegre. Gllen met us on the dock as promised at 7am and introduced us to our Captain Isereal and Deck hand Gabriel. All three of these guys are top notch people!!!

The boat itself was massive. Older boat but well taken care off. There was a slight diesel smell in the cabin when moving at a high rate of speed and the bathroom was very small. I'm not complaining because both negative things were expected and not a big deal.

We caught an 8' Marlin and three Bonito's. A couple of more highlights from our trip were seeing two whales, a large pod of Dolphins, and two friendly sea lions that rode on the back of our boat, getting our left over bait.

A tip for anyone that fishes out of Cabo San Lucas - TAKE YOUR SEASICKNESS MEDICATION!!! 5 out of 8 of us got sick and the seas were pretty calm. If we had to do it over we all would of take our seasickness medication.

Overall a fantastic trip with a really good company. We would definitely do it again with Silverado's. Sincerely, Alan & Lisa (Boise Idaho)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alan F
Parker, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife, son and I went out three days with Silverados - first day with Nacho andJuan, next day withOscar and Juan and the last day with Oscar and Jonathan. First off, it's called "Fishing" and not "Catching" so my review is not necessarily predicated by the number of fish landed. Regarding the boat, we used the 33' Marshall each day which is not the fastest boat in the Cabo area fleet. I would have to rate boat speed as the lowest portion of my rating, so if a fast boat is a big priority,look elsewhere. The guys were all very nice and had good eyes for spotting the lazy hammerheads, mako and marlin hanging out on the surface. I rate that part excellent....these guys are constantly looking for those things and not just hauling you around. On our first day we got a goose egg.....NADA. but really, when you looked at the flags that day,that was the norm,not the exception. Nonetheless, discouraging but I don't put that on them. The next day out we got a 40"+ wahoo, 48" dorado and two smaller dorado and had two other fish on. The last day was two marlin and a mako.

The entire staff of Silverados was extremely helpful with all aspects of our trip from before we left to after we got off the boat. This is a big deal for me. The boat was also very clean (and diligently kept that way).

I'd definitely fish with these guys again.

Visited March 2013