“Excellent”

Silverados Sportsfishing
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife, son and I went out three days with Silverados - first day with Nacho andJuan, next day withOscar and Juan and the last day with Oscar and Jonathan. First off, it's called "Fishing" and not "Catching" so my review is not necessarily predicated by the number of fish landed. Regarding the boat, we used the 33' Marshall each day which is not the fastest boat in the Cabo area fleet. I would have to rate boat speed as the lowest portion of my rating, so if a fast boat is a big priority,look elsewhere. The guys were all very nice and had good eyes for spotting the lazy hammerheads, mako and marlin hanging out on the surface. I rate that part excellent....these guys are constantly looking for those things and not just hauling you around. On our first day we got a goose egg.....NADA. but really, when you looked at the flags that day,that was the norm,not the exception. Nonetheless, discouraging but I don't put that on them. The next day out we got a 40"+ wahoo, 48" dorado and two smaller dorado and had two other fish on. The last day was two marlin and a mako.

The entire staff of Silverados was extremely helpful with all aspects of our trip from before we left to after we got off the boat. This is a big deal for me. The boat was also very clean (and diligently kept that way).

I'd definitely fish with these guys again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Best fishing trip. Our group went out on the Muchacho Alegre and hit the jackpot. 30 tuna in the first 2 hours of the trip. The boat was filled to the brim with fish. They were biting as fast as we could put lines in the water. After we hit the fish and game maximum, the crew took us whale watching and stalked a mako. The crew was excellent and the boat was in good shape. I originally booked with Winner 7, but Dave's new boat wasn't ready in time. He rebooked us on Silverados. I was concerned based on older reviews, but there was nothing to worry about. This is an excellent operation.

1  Thank alexmainmast
Reviewed February 28, 2013

i should of said something,maybe in part my fault, but u would think crew wants big tip to get me into fish,i asked for tuna !
stayed in sea of Cortez when tuna are 30 to 50 miles out in pacific. have to work hard for the fish in February and i believe the owner wish to save on gas on every outing. heard he runs 4 boats at a time and it can add-up.understand there is no guarantee and can not promise to have a cooler of fish every time but just changing lures aint going to cut it.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Captain Nacho and his crew mate took me out fishing fo a 5 hour trip on Feb 10, 2013, on a 33' boat. Everything was planned ahead of time by the Captain and within 20 minutes of getting on the boat I had a fish on. Within an hour I had a Marlin on, and by the end of the trip I caught 1 marlin, 1 mahi, 4 bonita and missed (my fault!) 2 marlin and a wahoo! It realy was perfect! Had I not caught a single fish I would still recommend these guys. Everything was done professionally! I hope to come back and fish with you guys soon!
Thank
Ben Mayo

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Absolutly the place to be! We booked ahead before we came. Zobe was kind to keep us informed of the daily catches & answer any & all questions! She sent us maps & called us to ensure we knew where we were going. We arrived @ the dock & were greeted immediately by Glen. Service was quick & we were on our way! We were on the 38ft. Rebelde! I cant say enough about the crew! They were friendly & answered all our tourist questions good heartedly! They pointed out the sea lions & Whales & it wasnt long before they hooked a Bonito which was later used to tempt a young great white! They were successful with the shark & in the boat it came! Then we moved on to where the Marlin were! All three had rods in & hooks down & when we heard the familiar whir of the reel cheers erupted! 16 mins. Ltr there was a Marlin in the boat. They were fast & stayed close ensuring the catch & my husband were both good! LOL An awesome trip! I have read some of the other comments &I think if you want a guarenteed catch go to the store & buy a fish! Fishing is fishing. Sometimes they bite & sometimes not however these guys well get it on the line if its possible! The food was good & the beer was cold. Cant wait to go again , we have another trip planned in a couple days!