“Caught 6 Dorados and 6 Skipjacks”

Silverados Sportsfishing
Beaumont, California
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Caught 6 Dorados and 6 Skipjacks”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I booked a 28' boat with Silverados before we arrived in Cabo. I told them that I was using the Los Cabos Guide vouchers to pay for the boat. They offered to upgrade me to a 33' boat for $50.00 cash more. I took the offer as i thought the boat would be better for my wife who gets sea sick. We booked the all inclusive.
We arrived at 6:30 for the trip and met Glen. After we paid we waited for about 10-15 minutes before Glen told us that they were having problems with the boat. A short time later he said that he was going to upgrade us to the 38' boat because the other one was not going to be ready. So off we went about a half hour later then expected in a much larger boat.
Nacho was the captain and Juan was his assistant. Nacho knew where to go and a short time later we saw a Marlin floating on top of the water sunning itself. We threw a line or two nearby but no luck. It swam away. I ended up catching 6 Dorados and 4 skipjacks. My wife caught 2 skipjacks. One of the Dorados had to be about 5' long. The crew worked hard for us.
When we returned to the dock I had one of the Dorados Filleted and gave the rest of the fish to the crew.
The only negative was that the all inclusive included lunch. The food was in a bag and left on the table. It was not put on ice so we didnt feel confortable eating it by the time we were hungry. On a future trip i would bring my own food and beer for the day. Other than that I was pleased with the trip and service.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank gameluver

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Paid for 8 hrs of fishing only got 3, the boat was smaller than what we paid for, the boat smoked so bad you could hardly stand to fish from it. Very dissapointed no fish caught at all either.

3 Thank Dkb84
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Apathetic”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We booked with Silverados after reading about them in Los Cabos Magazine. We have chartered deep sea fishing trips in other areas of Mexico previously and had a great time and caught a lot of fish. We emailed Silverados several times before we arrived and inquired as to how the fishing was going, etc. Each time they responded with a detailed list of their supposed catches and stated that fishing was very good. They also were proud of the fact that they had taken actor, Christian Slater out several times... Needless to say, our charter was a disappointment. We started the day with the owner upset with some of his crew for not showing up. We arrived at the boat "The Sherriff" which was a decent boat...nothing fancy. We're not sure if they actually had electronic fish finders or not. Most of the "finding" was visual which makes for a long day on the Pacific. We were lucky enough to catch a sailfish first thing in the morning and a small bonita that was around 7:00am. Absolutely nothing else for the rest of the day. There was a couple of occasions where we spotted a couple of Marlin and the crew threw in a line with live bait toward them to no avail. This charter was absolutely nothing like the ones we had in the past. In the past, the crew changed out live bait, etc. non-stop working the fish. In addition, when we caught Bonita, in the past, it was immediately used as bait. The crew said we were waiting to use the Bonita we caught. At the end of the day (which was 12:30), we still had 4 of the live bait (Mackerel) out of the 10 we purchased plus the Bonita and the crew stated the Marlin aren't hungry and said we were going inshore to catch squid. For the next two hours the 2 crew members cast just outside the arch in an attempt to catch squid while the two of us sat and watched. Several times we asked to attempt to catch whatever is biting this time of year...Dorado, Wahoo, Roosterfish, Yellowfin, Mackerel, anything.. The crew was deaf to our requests and seemed to just go through the motions of doing "something" just to end the day. At one point, around 11:00am we had to wake the 2 crew members up. At another, the younger man was talking on his cell phone for close to 20 minutes. To top it off, one of the "Glass Bottom Boat" tours came up next to us and asked if we had any bait and they threw them our Bonita. The pelicans were attacking the rest of our bait fish each time they cast while we were near the arch. While we are not experts with deep sea fishing charters, we felt this crew was very unprofessional, lazy and apethetic. We contacted the owner, Glenn, who stated "you picked the boat" (what does that have to do with anything?) We informed him that 1) We booked a full day charter 6:00am to 3:00pm...not 6:30am to 12:30pm. 2) we returned with almost 1/2 the bait we purchased that morning 3) the crew was lazy and unprofessional. He stated he would get back with us after he spoke with his crew. We also emailed him upon our return home and he has failed to respond. A professional company would attempt to at least apologize or give some explanation other than "You picked the boat".

5 Thank 5womack
Kansas City, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“2004 great - 2007 new captain - TERRIBLE”
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I took this charter for the first time in 2004 for my 40th birthday. I brought home a 130 lb. striped. When I booked my second trip in 2007, I asked for the same captain - Ivan. They said he was no longer with them and he no longer lived in Cabos. Ignacias (spelling) was our captian for this second trip. When we arrived, they only had food for one person (we paid for 2) and 10 Coronas. When we left the marina, all the boats went one direction and our lone boat went the opposite direction. We not only caught NO fish but had NO bites, not one! On our way in we noticed that every single boat coming in from the other direction had numerous flags of all types of fish. We had no flags. We paid for 6 hours. My husband and I decided that we were now drinking $60 Coronas. Believe it or not, as we were getting off the boat, the crew actually stood there acting as if we would tip them. Never again will we use them and I am warning all my friends to stay away.

7 Thank etaylorlaw