“Great location but there is no "resort" or service.”
Review of Misiones del Cabo

Misiones del Cabo
Ranked #47 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Unfortunately we found out the resort part of Misiones is bankrupt and not keeping anything up. There is no service here, the ocean front pool is empty, surrounding properties are also empty so it feels like a ghost town pulling in. So if your looking for a resort with amenities and service look somewhere else. However if you want to stay in a condo and do everything yourself this place is nice. We rented condo #1202, direct oceanfront over some small cliffs, the view was awesome and the balcony was very private. There is a really nice small beach to the right, great swimming, snorkeling and no beach vendors. To the left is surfers beach, no one there except surfers in the water, it was nice and private as well due to the half built resort that sits in front of it. The condo was ok, aging a bit as is the rest of the resort but the view and balcony made up for it. The pool that is open isn't ocean front but was nice and Pepe the bartender (even though the pool was empty 9 out of 10 times we were there) was awesome. Always friendly and willing to help with any and all questions. They were keeping the grounds up so it was nice. Again if you want service do not stay here! If you want to chill out away from crowds and bbq all day then its a great place!

Room Tip: We rented 1202 from vrbo.com
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steve3178
There are newer reviews for Misiones del Cabo

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We have been going to Misiones for 10 years as timeshare owners ( bought for $500 on Ebay) and love the location, views, pool, resort grounds, beaches and of course wonderful staff. And as Pepe is now back at pool snack bar we just love staying here. Pepe has the most amazing tacos ($2-3 for the best shrimp, beef, chicken tacos you will ever have) plus very reasonable prices for drinks. Resort is almost empty as resort owner is having financial problems which have been on-going for many years. Questionable if timeshares will be honoured in the future. We were told about other timeshare owners having been moved to other resort (Fiesta Americana) last Novemebr and December. Only one pool is open but as there are so few people at resort it was great. Only 6 other rooms used in the timeshare section at a peak time of the year. Receiving confirmation of room was problematic. we did take the risk of prepaying our maintenance last November to recieve discount on maintenance- room was $475 for one bedroom- will not do that again unless confirmation of hotel being open next year is confirmed. Lots of owners trying to sell, but also new people buying in due to very low prices. Resort is beautiful, location can't be beat. Staff superb (Jose at reception will take care of anything you need). if you can have confirmation on room, then go. Misiones is a wonderful place to relax and unwind, not for party types. close to downtown- we hope it continues to be open as it is a wonderful Cabo spot we would love to return to

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Recently my boyfriend and I stayed at a 1 bedroom condo at Misiones del Cabo (----------------------) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was just the right size for two people. My favorite part was the balcony that connected the bedroom and living room. We had some great breakfasts there overlooking the rest of the property and the ocean. The restof the unit was just as pictured and very comfortable.The property owner had some great and detailed notes about things to do and places to eat, which we appreciated. In particular, her recommendation to eat at Sunset da Mona Lisa was great. It has an incredible view.While we were there, the infinity pool was completely drained. Wasn't a problem really as we just used the other one. Also, we weren't able to use the internet from the condo and the wireless network was being powered by a generator only during daylight hours. Somewhat annoying, but it gave us an excuse to not check our email.Overall, the stay was very pleasant and I would recommend it to anyone needing a quiet, scenic getaway.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brandi B
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have not traveled to it in a few years. But I recently (early November 2011) paid my maintenance dues and sought reservations. The card was charged right away, but more than two weeks later I have yet to receive word on the request for those reservations, despite repeated requests that they reply. (They claim to respond to reservations requests in five days.) On their website they now tell you that resort representatives will not be on site, the pool is now never heated, the convenience store is closed, the pool bar is closed and the resort is no longer eligible for exchanges through Interval Int. Sounds like it has become a ghost town that still charges and accepts your maintenance dues.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank walterpaz
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stay at this wonderful place for 10 days and just love it!!!
It's a quiet resort with two nice pools and the best viws in Cabo bar none! You overlook the Golden Beach, the Arch and all of downtown. There is a surfer beach out front and a swimming beach on the back of the place. They have a nice little Pool bar that serves food and great drinks and a small store for things you need. It's near downtown and they even have a shuttle bus that goes downtown and back a few times a day
Will be back again and again!!!!!

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best view!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winterparkcabins
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Within an hour of arriving I fell on a poorly maintained (very slippery) concrete ramp on the property and cut/scrapped up the entire right side of my face and had scrapes on my arm and leg. The desk manager admitted that the area should have been "roped off" and provided some medical supplies to clean my wounds and had my glasses repaired so they were at least wearable the rest of the week. When I checked out the manager promised to follow up with me regarding permanently fixing/replacing my glasses - over a week later and I have not heard a thing!
While we were staying there was also a lot of maintenance going on in the front of the property. Almost every day some area was roped off with "police tape" that you had to navigate around.
Beyond that, rooms were a little dated, but okay (good size, nice view). Very nice view overall of the property - although there was a large amount of construction going on between the resort and one side of the hotel that faces the water.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EROhio
Reviewed December 26, 2010

The view when I woke up in the morning was ideal. Lounging on the futon and gazing at the serenity of the waves were two of my favorite things--both of these were on the patio. By far, the best vacation I have been on! This resort is fit for almost anybody.Even in December, the weather was perfect--average of 86 during the day and about high 60s during the night. Also, the front desk staff were very informative and always efficient. All accommodations were great and abundant. Personally I find it hard to sleep well in unfamiliar places--but in Cabo I slept 10 hours a night for a week straight because the super comfortable bed. And I didn't even mention the private beach, which is great for snorkeling. I definitely recommend this condo to anyone looking for a memorable vacation. We rented our place from www.cabocondos4rent.com. Lori was very helpful in helping us!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple