“Excellent, highly recommend”

Ranked #39 of 592 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We asked a couple of locals for recommendations for fresh seafood and both recommended this place. After checking TripAdvisor reviews, we decided to give it a try. It's off the beaten path, half open air, open kitchen and small. But OMG was the food good! We ordered a combo platter that included 8 shrimp prepared 4 ways, octopus (who knew I'd like that?) and melt in your mouth Sea Bass. The bacon wrapped shrimp was a favorite and I will insist we go back to this place if we make it back to Cabo. Jumbo margaritas were strong. Others in our group had Diablo Sea Bass (spicy and well liked), stuff Sea Bass, the best Scallops I've ever tasted (and plenty of them). The service was great - went with a group of 9 and got right in (but I wouldn't expect that during a busier time). Overall, this one gets a 5 star from all 9 of our party.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Soooo this place tasted amazing and service was good but I got sick after. Was with 3 families here and everyone ate the same stuff, we all shared, everything tasted great but somehow I ended up sick. Not the worst illness but had a little detox that night...

Anyway, whole fish is the best item on the menu. Fish ceviche was the best ceviche of my trip. Mango margaritas were super boozy and I liked it.

I would recommend to others but may try other places on my next visit just because there are so many I still haven't been to.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We enjoyed the seafood as well as the atmosphere of this casual but ever so friendly seafood eatery. The staff was warm and welcoming and the fish was fresh, perfectly seasoned and delicious. We ordered the seafood platter for 2 that had 3 varieties of shrimp, wonderfully garlicky octopus, bacon wrapped langoustine and catch of the day. It actually was enough food for 3 of us and presented so delightfully on an earthenware platter in the shape of a boat. The menu is available in English as well as Spanish so no need to worry about translating the dishes. A great find.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were referred to Tres Islas by a very friendly host at a Cabo waterfront bar and restaurant in repkly to our request for a "fine well lit place" ala Papa Hemminway, with great seafood. By and large we were very pleased with this simple and unpretentious place and had a festive evening.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went to mariscos last night and we were both impressed. Simple setting, nice service, great margaritas. We started with oysters, and they were good, especially when you add some of the sauces they bring to the table. The star of the night was a whole fried red snapper in ajillo sauce. The fish was fresh, meaty, delicious. The sauce was spectacular. Prices are very affordable. I highly recommend it if you like more "authentic" non-touristy places.

1  Thank Danielli C