Open today: Closed
Amazing experience !!!

communicate
southampton,pa
Baja racing in Cabo

Unreal experience from start to finish Cars were a blast, the track was long and varied, going again

Brad J
Regina, Canada
via mobile

All reviews race cars off road day trip bucket list co driver driving skills real baja open tour high performance stick shift adrenaline junkie driving experience chase car fast cars desert terrain todos santos true professionals
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I chose the 1/3 day package and had a ball. Video orientation in the van on the way to the track and more instruction when we arrived. Angel and his crew were great and the car had way more power than I could use. Very unique and exciting experience ! Will definitely go again !!

2  Thank communicate
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

1  Thank Brad J
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

One of the best experiences ever! Bucket list - check!! Very professional crew and excellent equipment formerly used at Baja 500/1000. The entire experience was wonderful from beginning to end. Angel was the best — taking videos and pics of us through our entire experience. We will never forget! Thank you so much for making this a dream come true!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

These guys will take you on the most thrilling and awesome Baja driving experience ever! If you have any desire to get a glimpse of what driving in the Baja 500 or 1000 I highly recommend Wide Open! Andrea and Miguel's team are top notch!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

If you love speed, or are an adrenaline junkie, or just never get tired of driving, you will probably love this experience. My husband and I shared a car for the day trip from Cabo to Todo Santos. We'll never forget it!...

Wide Open gives you the same Baja racers that they use to outfit the drivers in the famous Baja 1000 backcountry race. They give you special helmets that attach to breathing tubes so you don't breathe dust (the racers are open) and mics to communicate. Following you is a support car with water and two amazing mechanics...

They'll give you a little how-to lesson (including how to speak properly to the other drivers ahead and behind you via radio - critical for navigating!), and then caravan-style you head off into the back country. You climb into the mountains, drive on crazy narrow roads, pass through isolated villages, see wild donkeys, watch the terrain change over and over again, and then emerge from the scrubby desert at a highway on the Pacific Ocean near Todo Santos, where you'll have lunch at a hotel. Then, you turn around and do the whole thing in reverse (with a few route differences), until you emerge on an amazing riverbed in a canyon and open them up as you race toward the sea. (NOTE: at this point when they say watch out for the "hole" and stay left, they mean truly stay left or you will drive off a small cliff into a PIT - it is not merely a small pothole!). And when you get back into their base camp, you get to celebrate with a refreshment overlooking the ocean!...

THINGS TO NOTE:
- You WILL get dusty. Dress accordingly.
- Bring sunscreen. The cars are open (no windows) and sun will get you at some point.
- Don't bring too much other than water, sunscreen, and hand sanitizer - the cars have very little storage and if you have no copilot to hold it, it will fly out, and if you are the copilot you will have no hands to hold it anyway because you are holding on yourself! :-D
- Be prepared to "pee and shake" in the bushes during your rest breaks. No one seems surprised by this. The gentlemen kindly looked the other way while I squatted, but there is no toilet paper. ;-p
- Verify where you will be having lunch BEFORE you book. Part of the charm for us was the hope of getting to see Todo Santos and Hotel California BUT, without telling us, we were taken to a different hotel on the outskirts of Todo Santos (couldn't even see the town). It was lovely, but it was not part of the package we thought we were getting.

... All in all, it was a totally fun and never-to-be-forgotten experience.

1  Thank teammona
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience. After a safety discussion and learning proper safety etiquette, you are turned loose to drive at whatever comfort level you have with these amazing cars. We had Darrin as our guide. Not only was he superb at driving, safety, and fun, his skills in feeding you like royalty cannot be beat. We had a crew of Sergio, Tacho, and Brian, who were all very friendly, professional, and really cared about not only our safety, but that we were enjoying ourselves. They literally take care of every detail, even buckling you in to fitting the hose on your helmet, etc. I cannot day enough good things about this adventure and highly recommend it. We came for the fun and left with a new set of friends who showed us a side of Mexico most of us Americans never knew existed.

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed August 9, 2018

I just recently did a one-day experience with my wife on their closed track. Angel, our guide, was incredible! Driving these wide open cars is amazing and way better than any other ATV experience.

I will say that about 10 years ago, I did the 5 day excursion that travels up the peninsula and this is a much better experience than the closed track just because of the variety of terrain and scenery. It is more of an adventure to get out into the experience of the Baja 1000 for a few days.

If you are an adventurer or if you like a good adrenaline rush, you should definitely check this out!

1  Thank nickstokes
Reviewed August 8, 2018

If you want to have the best experience in Cabo and like adrenaline, do yourself a favor and check out Wide Open! Angel is the man and runs a tight operation and it is a blast. The cars are the real deal and the course is challenging, but definetly doable after a few times around the 5 mile course. Take the 1st lap slow and then once you feel comfortable you can start jacking up the speed on the straightaways and can catch some air in certain spots if you want to. This is the closet thing too racing in the Baja 1000 you can get! Thanks again to Angel for taking care of us!

1  Thank lwinther
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Several friends, my son and I just returned from Cabo, and Wide Open. Angel was such a huge help with getting my group scheduled - with only a short notice. He was very professional, knowledgeable and understood that safety was job one.

These are real race cars that truly have raced in the Baja 1000. You'll understand once you see them and get buckled into them. This is a once in a lifetime experience, that I'm going to make sure I experience again. Incredible!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I just treated my two boys to a half day off road racing experience with Wide Open Cabo and can't say enough how much fun we had. All three of us are experienced Motocross Racers and a blast honing in our skills on their 5-mile off road course.

This is the real deal and you can go as fast as your skills will take you.

Our host Angel was the best, First class transportation from Cabo to the track and he took care of all of our needs throughout the day.

These guys are great and I highly recommend to anyone to give them a try if you want to sample off road car racing without spending $300K