“Great Views but not a full 2 hour ATV ride”
Review of Carisuva

Ranked #30 of 240 Tours in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've been to this place twice for ATV's. Once in Oct 2009 and again in Oct 2012.

The ATV's are in good shape and go fast. The staff is nice and helpful and let you have some fun and get some nice speed (I got up to 80mph on the beach). You get some great views and go through fun and challenging hills and end up at the beautiful beach. Some awesome photo opps.

Both times we were advertised 2 hours of ridding but only got 90 minutes, not cool since this is not a cheap excursion.

Some tips:

-You will get dirty and maybe even muddy, dress accordingly
-Don't book this through the hotels, book it in town for better prices.
-If you are staying in San Jose De Cabo, don't come here as the drive each way is over an hour, our was 90 mins with many hotel pickups. There is another ATV company in San Jose De Cabo with similar prices and packages.
-If you are the first and last hotel getting picked up, you might be in that van forever with like 5 stops each way.

1  Thank Tim R
"taking photos"
"for sale"
"great pictures"

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went on a 3 hour Horseback Riding tour with this company. Staff was friendly enough, although our guide spoke very little English and didn't talk at all during the tour - so that kinda sucked - would have liked someone more personable and talked about the history of the area more. My horse seemed pretty good, but my friends horse didn't look very healthy and we were actually concerned about him the whole time. Overall the ride was nice - beautiful scenery and the beach was great.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I would say try another company first, the quads and rhinos are beat and not worth the money. By the time you get there doing multiple stops to pick up other guests, it seems a waste of a day. Getting there and back for an hour and fifteen minute ATV ride seems a total waste, it is about 20 minutes north of Cabo. I should say we were picked up in San Jose and should have gone on the tour that leaves from there next time.
The terrain was decent and some really cool views to be had, it really was so so though. No free time to rip around or hill climb, just stay in line.
The lead guide was nice and spoke great English, but lost his appeal when he asked for tips at the end. In Canada tips are usually earned, maybe by stopping and telling us a bit about the area or a story of how a stupid tourist ended up in the ocean. The tip counter really went off the charts when we had to wait for an hour and 20 minutes before our shuttle showed up to take us home. All in all, rag tag compared to other tours I have done.
Side note, we passed some other tour companies on the way in to this place, the one nearest the road seemed to have nice looking equipment, with back rests for second passengers if you have one.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great service with a long route of riding. Our three teens lived it! Westher s much cooler on the Pacific side of the ocean! We used ATV's but if you plan to take pics of the beautiful scenery rent a two seat rhino.

1  Thank Padiboys3
See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I recently booked by ATV tour with Carisuva through the concierge at my hotel.

The positives: Great terrain for ATV's, amazing mountain views and fun times on a private beach.

The negatives: Many of the ATV's started to overheat, including ours so we had to spend time shutting them off and on, no lockers to hold personal belonging and when I asked to put my bag away, they were going to put it in a wood closet with junk in it with only a lock and key. I'm sorry, I am not leaving my belongings with people I don't know. It may be in the New Yorker in me to be wary! Also, we were told lunch and refreshments. There was only bottled water given and a power bar. Umm, not what we expected at all!

Dress appropriately (you will get dirty) and pack light. You are given bandanas and goggles if you need them to keep the dust/dirt out of your face. Helmets are provided of course.

Overall, we did enjoy ourselves because of the natural views and paths we were taken on. It was a nice way to spend the day in Cabo.

1  Thank JCHungria