“Carisuva: Great trail & Views”
Review of Carisuva

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Dallas, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Carisuva: Great trail & Views”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I recently booked by ATV tour with Carisuva through the concierge at my hotel.

The positives: Great terrain for ATV's, amazing mountain views and fun times on a private beach.

The negatives: Many of the ATV's started to overheat, including ours so we had to spend time shutting them off and on, no lockers to hold personal belonging and when I asked to put my bag away, they were going to put it in a wood closet with junk in it with only a lock and key. I'm sorry, I am not leaving my belongings with people I don't know. It may be in the New Yorker in me to be wary! Also, we were told lunch and refreshments. There was only bottled water given and a power bar. Umm, not what we expected at all!

Dress appropriately (you will get dirty) and pack light. You are given bandanas and goggles if you need them to keep the dust/dirt out of your face. Helmets are provided of course.

Overall, we did enjoy ourselves because of the natural views and paths we were taken on. It was a nice way to spend the day in Cabo.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank JCHungria

Washington, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing views!! Highly recommended!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We booked this place through our concierge. They provided the transport in an air conditioned van. We picked up another couple and drove about 20 minutes up the pacific coast. The employees were friendly and spoke enough English. We rode a double ATV for about $60. The tour was amazing. We were riding through the dessert and seeing donkeys! We stopped on the beach to take breath taking pictures and have a drink of water.

Recommend: wear clothes you don't mind if they get really dusty, it is a dessert!
Go to the bathroom and don't drink before you go! There is no where to go potty. Until you get back to the ranch.

Trip is about 3-4 hours, including transportation to and from your hotel. Your actually ride time is about an hour or a little more with a break :)

Visited June 2012
Redwood City, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“it was ok - would try another company next time”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Our hotel made our reservation for ATV riding at Rancho Carlsuva. They have a good location - it was a lot of beach riding. Our guide, Sergio, wasn't helpful or talkative. We wanted to bring our bag with us - we though we would stop on the beach and have a snack. SO we brought food and a blanket. But they don;t stop for long - only 2x for 5 min each. We asked Sergio if we could bungie cord our bag to the ATV - he just kept saying no. We asked him if there was an extra bungee cord laying around we could borrow. He kept saying no. I was about to find one myself - when he finally come over with one b/c we refused to leave our bag with the check-in people (we took their van there, so didnt have a car). I'm glad my boyfriend and I already had experience riding ATV's - but for some of the people in our group who didnt, the ride was definitely difficult for them. The ATV's were in very poor condition - and there were a few times where you go down a hill and ride the brakes. My boyfriend's right brake wasn't working at all - so again we were ok b/c we had experience. One woman in our group's ATV broke down - she was last and we left her b/c we didnt know she was broken down. And Sergio - who rode in front rarely looked back to see if the entire group was behind him. When he finally did - apparently the woman was way back there - alone. And she was pissed when she finally caught up to us. She had nothing nice to say about this experience. Another company rode their nice, newer yellow ATV's by us at one point - and my boyfriend and I both looked at each other knowing we will try that company next time. Overall - you are on your own and it's better if you have ridden an ATV before or if you are a quick learner. We went up and down steep hills, we were in 5th gear - going fast, and sometimes you got stuck in the sand going up steep san dunes. I wouldn't go back to this place - I would try another. Wasn't impressed with the ATV's or Sergio. And we know, Cabo is getting more and more expensive each year - and this wasn't cheap! So I want a good experience for my money!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Dana W
Waterloo, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome and memorable ATV adventure.”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We arranged this ATV adventure through the concierge at Sunset Beach resort. Transportation to and from Carisuva was included.

My wife, son, his friend and I participated in this outing. We all had a blast. In fact, this was my favorite event on our trip.

ATVs were well-kept Hondas. Our guide was Martin. I can't say enough good things about him. Martin helped those people who were less comfortable and encouraged the teenagers to try "fun" maneuvers.

I didn't expect the scenery to be so beautiful - from desert hills, to dry river beds, to ocean beaches.

The ride is very dusty so keep that in mind when you plan your attire. The tour guide provides bandanas to protect your face from the sand.

We ended a perfect afternoon with a cold Corona in the make-shift cantina. We will definitely do this again next time we visit.

Visited March 2012
Des Moines, IA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Rhino Tour 4x4”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had a great time with our guide Martin - we took a drive thru the rough terrain on the east sde of the highway first - and i drove with my son Andrew getting used to the ride...great fun. Then Andrew got his turn to run on the sand flats and beach and finally up and down the hills toward the ranch. Trip was first rate and ran about 4 hours with transport in a nice van to and from the ranch which is about 10 miles north of cabo. Enjoyed it!!

Visited March 2012