“Food was way too slow”
Review of Calima Restaurant

Calima Restaurant
Ranked #167 of 615 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy creative Mexican and Spanish cuisine and fresh local seafood at beachfront restaurants with breathtaking ocean views.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was okay, but the wait to eat took way too long especially when you have kids waiting. The staff were great…just plan on spending 3 hours...

Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Cdhulagrigo

I want to thank you again for your observations about our services and quality of the food. We will be working on the details you mention to have a more efficient service.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Quesadillas and guacamole were good, as well as the ceviche. Special events quality of food varied. Seafood night was excellent, the scallops were enjoyed by my husband and friends. Asian night needs some work. they had spaghetti noodles instead of soba etc, and when they ran out they tried to give me penne, but I settled for fettucine. Service was slow, we were starving the first time we came, it was hard to get seated, and no menus were given nor drink orders taken for a really long time.

Dear Cheryl

On behalf of all our staff, we want to thank you for your nice comments regarding your most recent visit to our restaurant; we are delighted that you like our guacamole, quesadillas, ceviche, the scallops, the fetuccine etc...and very glad that you have an excellent time during our Seafood night.

We will be working in the details you mention about our service and our theme night, specially in the way we do the seating at the beginning.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

While I had a horrible experience staying at this resort in all, this restaurant was the stand out. The servers were very engaging and personable, the food was delicious (except for the sushi), and the theme nights were entertaining. It was bar food, so not what you expect at a all inclusive, and the service was very slow is why I rated it 4 instead of 5

Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Jon

As with your other comments, i thank you on behalf of our staff members. I am happy that your experience at our restaurant was a pleasant one. From the food that was delicious, the theme nights etc. I apologies for any issue that you have with us in general, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to pamper you on your next holiday.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Outstanding food and service by a friendly, efficient, fun staff:
Orchids to Yoni, Florencio, Alejandra, Mauricio, Oscar, Javier.
Thank you! See you next year!
Suzanne

Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Suzanne

Thank you for kind words to our staff members. Our dear Yoni, Florencio, Javier, Alejandra, our captain Mauricio and our bartender Oscar really enjoy their job. And always create unforgettable moments for our guest, during the theme nights that we have at our restaurant.

Hoping to see you next year again to enjoy our meals,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Delicious food and plentiful! My husband had the shrimp, my brother in law had the lobster and both my sister and I had the steak. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.

Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Seast531

Thank you for your comments regarding the food of our restaurant during tuesday night. Each night we bring a different theme night that offers different flavors to our guests. That you enojy the night, is wonderful for us. I will share your comments abour our lobster, shrimp and steak with our Chef Moises and his team.