“THE BEST nachos and GREAT service”

Desperados BBQ Tex-Mex Sports Experts
Ranked #14 of 593 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Desperados Tex-Mex BBQ Restaurant Sports Experts, specializes in Sports & Food! We are a family friendly BBQ Tex-Mex Restaurant and Sports Bar. Our menu includes something for everyone, including Homemade Tortilla Soup, Fall Off The Bone BBQ Pork Ribs, Sizzling Tequila Fajitas served on a hot plate, Fried Ice Cream that's freshly fried in the kitchen and decorated with your favorite toppings table side and much more. We have 10 flat screen TV's that you can enjoy your favorite sports on, and YES, we will have your game! Indoor and outdoor dining available, full bar with an extensive Margarita list, free WiFi, and a boutique to purchase your Desperados T Shirt before heading home. Our house Margarita is made with fresh squezzed lime juice from organic limes and the Gran Jurado Tequila, the best Margaritas in Cabo. We have daily Happy Hour Specials 12-5pm like $1 Mimosas. Live music every Tuesday Evening. Reservations accepted daily and walk ins welcome. Make yourself at home at Desperados and bring your friends with you! We look forward to your visit.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The nachos at this place are for 2-3 people! HUGE and YUMMY! I chose to go there for my birthday lunch with my family. My husband and I have also gone there alone. The service is great! On football days, I've seen waiters bring a laptop to a table so the customers could watch a game that's not being shown on one of the many TV's in the place.

Christina K, Public Relations Manager at Desperados BBQ Tex-Mex Sports Experts, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

AmandaKarevan, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Desperados. Have we met? If not, come by the restaurant next time your passing by and introduce yourself. Desperados has the biggest nachos in Cabo, with everything on them, they weigh 1.5 kg! You can always request a half order if that's to much for you. We have 10 TV's throughout the restaurant, 7 downstairs and 3 upstairs, we get many special requests for sports and actually have two laptops we can bring to tables to fullfill those requests!

I'll see you soon, I look forward to putting a face to your name!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The staff was VERY accommodating! Hooked up their computer to the big screen so we could watch The Anaheim Ducks win in a thrilling hockey game! Drinks were great and service was awesome!

Christina K, Public Relations Manager at Desperados BBQ Tex-Mex Sports Experts, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

OCTan1,

Thanks for the awesome review of Desperados big screen & cocktails!

Here at Desperados the staff will go out of their way to make sure each customer has what they need to make their drinking, dining, sport watching, and general experiance the best possible. We will find your game! Bring some more friends with you and we will see you again next vacation!

Travel safe,

Christina

Reviewed May 4, 2014

For a casual dinner out, this is a good place to go. Great prices and good food. Not too crowded. Very casual. Good location. They had the best fajitas!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, the tripadvisor travel community appreciates it.

Desperados Restaurant & Cantina is a great place to go for a casual lunch or dinner out. We offer compeitive prices compared with similar restaurants and take great pride in the flavor and presentation of our food. Our Fajitas are one of Desperados specialties. You have your choice of vegi, chicken, steak, shrimp, or a mix. They are served with pico de gallo, guacamole, refried black bleans, rice, and warm flour or corn tortillas. The fajitas are served on a sizzling platter and then your server will pour a shot of tequila over them tableside. They are the best looking and tasting fajitas in Cabo San Lucas! Next time try our fall off the bone BBQ Pork Ribs or Desperados Molcajete.

See you soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We dined here twice during our week stay in Cabo. What a find. The only disappointment was not getting to try the nachos because we were so full! I had the fajitas which were amazing and my husband had the mixed bbq which was incredible. The staff is friendly and attentive and we made another trip back just so I could have the BBQ too!

Christina K, Public Relations Manager at Desperados BBQ Tex-Mex Sports Experts, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thanks for the great review Boston! I guess Desperados Ultimate Nachos are more reason to make your next vacation destination Cabo San Lucas! We are happy that you enjoyed your dining experiance with us and hope to see you three times on your trip! Safe Travels :)

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Even though this is a Tex Mex style restaurant, you can't go wrong with the food!

Desperado's made me love guacamole! I usually hate guacamole but for some reason I absolutely loved it here. Desperado's is good overall. At times communication with some of the servers is difficult as far as requesting some things that we wanted such as corn tortillas rather than flour but this was no big deal because someone else would step in right away and help. The fajitas are absolutely delicious. The addition of the tequila gives the fajitas an extra kick in the flavor department; they're the best fajitas I have had, hands down. Try the nachos though! They're huge and also very very good. The people that I went to the restaurant with also absolutely love the fried ice cream. Even though this is a Tex Mex style restaurant, you can't go wrong with the foo

Thanks for taking the time to write a review so full of compliments on our food. Desperados prepares the guacamole tableside in a traditional volcanic stone bowl, so you get it made to your specifications every time. We also prepare the shrimp or fish ceviche tableside as well and mix it all up by shaking it in a martini shaker. Our fajitas (Vegigi, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, and Combo) are served on a sizzling platter with the option of the addittion of a shot of tequilla poured over the top tableside. The nachos are pretty big, 1.5 kgs with everything on them to be exact. If you can eat them all by yourself and drink our Liter size Margarita within 20 min, they are free! As for the communication, Desperados is in Mexico and Spanish is the first language here. If you ever have communication issues I am there 6 nights a week and am always happy to help.