“Good but not exceptional food & service”

Pancho's Restaurant & Tequila Bar
Ranked #60 of 565 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Arlington, Virginia
“Good but not exceptional food & service”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My GF and I ate dinner on Jan 27. I had the Chicken Tortilla Soup and a baked potato with cheese. The soup was the typical reddish soup, had huge amounts of melted cheese and tortilla chips, and very little chicken. It was good but nowhere as good as at Hacienda el Coyote. Both are edible and filling but nothing special. IMHO, go to Cabo Blue for chicken broth soup with lots of chicken and noodles. The baked potato with cheese was mainly cheese, not quite the healthy food that I had expected. My GF's salad was very good though. My recommendation is to try Pancho's if you are in the area and hungry, but don't make any special trip.

Winnipeg, Canada
“The Tequila bar is huge!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant a day before we left Cabo and we both enjoyed it!
I had the Chicken Mole and my husband had Chile Relleno both were very good!
To drink I had a coke and my husband had homemade ice tea, he said he really enjoyed the ice tea.
A little out of the way but worth the trip!

Arvada, Colorado
“Yummy”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

They have the best tortilla soup of any restaurant I,ve eaten in. I have it once or twice on every visit to Cabo.
Very friendly owners, managers and staff. Also a very busy place for dinner so a reservation is a good idea.

Visited January 2014
Vancouver
“Everything that you could ask for in a Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Décor is beautiful, the staff is right on the money, the owner is there making sure that you are having a good time and every dish comes out of the kitchen perfectly... the Pesole is fantastic!

Pancho's is always at the top of our list when we visit Cabo... don't miss it

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Consistently good!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visit Cabo every year and we like to eat at least one lunch at Pancho's. Santos served us this time and was very attentive and helpful with our questions in Spanglish and just English. My wife had the chile relleños (voted best in Cabo by someone, it said) and found them delicious. I had the chicken burritos which came as just the tortilla with chicken inside, with beans, rice, pico de gallo, and salsa on the side to add as you please. The burritos were good after I discovered the right combination of condiments for my taste. I think I will go back to the ceviche (raw fish "cooked" in lime juice) the next time we go (best I've had in Cabo-just don't eat the red cabbage with it). The atmosphere and colorful furnishings are always a delight at Pancho's, in addition to the rattlesnake in the jumbo jar of liquid (tequila?). Don't miss the world's largest selection of tequila on the wall behind the bar and in the closed room in the front of the restaurant. Ask to go inside. We will be back.