“Fun place to go”

Mango Deck
Ranked #79 of 608 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This beachfront restaurant, bar, and beach club is the heart and soul of Cabo: wild, fun, festive, delicious.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Every year for our trip to Cabo we try and visit the Mango Deck for lunch. It is a fun place to go and the food is good with large portions. The guacamole is made table side and very good. Wild stuff going on all around but it's fun to watch if you don't want to participate. Just check over your bill and keep track of your rounds of margaritas. I have found them adding in a few extra from time to time. This year they were good but we were pretty tame also!!!! We really like it there.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,992)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

When in Cabo this is a must see hangout. You can go for breakfast and stay till late afternoon. There is always something going on. They entertain and serve you, all the while the time just flies by. Right on the beach they provide umbrellas, tables and chairs..... along with drinks.....Right on Medano Beach, there is swimming right out front and all kinds of water sports and water taxis to take you to El Arco and Lovers Beach
Ya just gotta go!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We walked on the beach from Villa del Palmar to this place to watch college football and have a few beers. We sat on the deck near the large tv screens overlooking the beach and live band. Ordered beer, chips and salsa and steak & fish tacos. All were good and reasonably priced (for location). Live band was good as well. Waiter and service was slow but what the heck - we were on vacation - no hurry... Waiter was friendly and front door man provided suggestions on where to go next in town for entertainment. Furthermore, this place had free wifi which is a plus. Would and will go again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at the Casa Dorada in early October 2013. The Mango Deck is right on the beach in front of the hotel, and I stopped by 4 times for drinks and light meals. The food and drinks are somewhat expensive compared to many places in town, but your paying for the location and entertainment. The third trip was for a late dinner with my son, and I admit I was a little buzzed when we arrived. We ordered an plate of beef tacos and an order of fish tacos, a 2x1 beer and a MaiTai. The cost before tip should have been about $37. The waiter asked for $48 and I asked for a breakdown. Again, I was a little buzzed, but I could tell that he was overcharging me. I would have normally tipped about $6, but I gave him the $48 and left without leaving an additional tip. I stewed about it overnight and I returned the next night to speak with the manager. I asked him what I should have been charged and he also come up with about $37. I said that my son saw the waiter from the night before and I asked to have the waiter join the conversation. At first I was told that he was not working. I said after what I would have tipped, I am only out about $5 but I don't like getting cheated. I told him that I can live without the $$, but I will tell everyone I meet at the hotel about my experience along with tripadvisor and Carnival Cruises. The hefe ask for a few minutes and returned with the waiter who actully was working (surprise). The waiter told me that he is uneducated and that he made an honest mistake. He returned $12.00 (actually $11 as I learned lated...he got the last laugh) and we got a free beer.

Per the manager, they have 120+ employees. I have read other reviews and I agree that sadly, there are some people at Mango that look to make a quick buck dishonestly. I give the manager credit for making the waiter address the issue with me and pay back the money. I did need to get a little pissed off with both the manager and waiter to reinforce my position.

Again, the location is great and the normal prices are high. If you visit the Mango Deck, track what you order and keep at least 1 person as a designated accountant and negotiator. Try not to order off the menu (MaiTai was not on the menu and accounted for $10.00 on the bill...the Casa Dorada has 2x1 MaiTai's for $7.00).

Have fun.

1  Thank CoronaAngelFan
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We hung out beach side at Mango Deck 4 out of the 7 days we stayed in Cabo. If you go ask for "Rock-er" as he is hands down the best waiter there. He and his assistant Kaley took excellent care of us. They will provide chairs, tables and umbrellas for free as long as you are eating/drinking there. We would set up right on the beach and it made it so easy to hang out and swim in the ocean while still having all the comforts of being at a resort. Bring towels though if you go.