“Great service!”

Ranked #237 of 587 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We ate dinner here one night, and the service was excellent! There were 4 of us in our party, and our drinks never ran dry. Our waiter was very attentive and had even reserved a table for us after my borther and his wife had eaten lunch here the day before. My brother is a very good tipper, and that may have helped. The food was great. We had appetizers, entrees, drinks, and dessert, and all of it was delicious. We all paid for the all-inclusive option, and we went relatively early, about 6 PM. The restaurant was not at all crowded, and we were very pleasefd with the experience!

There are newer reviews for Las Palomas

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We ate dinner here while staying at the Pueblo Bonito Rose. There were 7 in our party. I ordered steak, cooked "medium". When it arrived it was almost raw and loaded with fat and gristle. Our waiter had disappeared, so I tried to eat what I could. When he finally returned, I complained, but he did absolutely nothing about it, just murmured something I couldn't understand, even though he could see the pile of half eaten scraps on my plate. The rest of our party were satisfied with their meals, some of which were also steak. I was so turned off to that place that I wouldn't go back for breakfast buffet the next morning with our group. Instead my husband & I went to Mare Nostrum where the service was good, although we thought that the breakfast items were probably the same as those offered at Las Palomas.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had our last breakfast in Cabo at Las Palomas. It was a bummer. The chilaqueles verdes were fine, but nothing special. The big problem was with the service. Our two breakfast dishes took forever. We were seated at a table with one chair cushion missing. There was unidentifiable stuff floating in the cream we were served for coffee (minutes after being served coffee). When our breakfast finally did arrive, we asked for the check, as we had to make our shuttle back to the airport. After we had paid, one of the servers dropped off a plate of the missing chicken from my boyfriend's dish. It was just a bread plate with a pile of diced chicken on it. Consideration? No. Apology? No. There are so many good places to eat in Cabo. Just don't bother.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were staying at Rosa Beach and decided to eat at Las Palomas. It was Friday night and the fish was to be grilled on the outside grill. We were seated immediately and chips and salsa were brought. We were outside and it was a beautiful evening and the view was great. We ordered and then everything stood still. I'm thinking no one could make up their mind what waiter was to take care of us. Every now and then we snagged someone to bring us more chips and salsa while we waited. Finally, after about an hour (yes an hour) we finally got ahold of someone to check on our order. It apparently had never been placed. Our appetizer arrived - it was OK, nothing special. But we had ordered pollo al pibil which needed extra time. Finally, after 1 hour and 15 minutes we were served our main dish. The chicken was very good and we both shared it, because the fish was utterly tasteless (no sign of the grill) and was served on moros y cristianos, a Cuban side typically made up of black beans and rice. In this case, it was pinto beans and rice and, again, was competely tasteless. Real moros y cristianos have a lot of flavor. We ate the fish because we were very hungry and had no reasonable hope of seeing a waiter. The waiter who had finally helped us was not our waiter but proved extremely helpful and told us if we didn't like something it would be removed from our bill.

At the end, our real waiter appeared out of nowhere and we asked for the bill. He assented and disappeared and after about 15 minutes (no it was not at all crowded) I went off to find him. He said something about the cashier not being there or something and finally presented me with a bill for everything and was very anxious for me to sign for it immediately. I told him about the fish "You ate it didn't you?" he said. I asked for the manager and explained the situation. He insisted we couldn't have waited very long for our appetizer and of course told me no one had ever complained about the bass and all those other things people tell you when they think you're just making a fuss. I repeatedly asked him to corroborate my story with the helpful waiter. At that moment, said waiter walked by and the manager asked how long it took for our appetizer to arrive. "Una hora," was the reply. The manager immediately comp'd the entire dinner and invited us to have return the next night and have dinner on the house. But our food was so mediocre that neither one of us was even tempted to take him up on it and we decided to go to La Hacienda the next night, where we knew we would get an exceptional meal - which we did and were not disappointed.

1  Thank antoniaCalifornia
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The food was wonderful, the view from the restaurant is awesome and the service from the staff is worth raving about, priceless... The restuarant manager (Alfredo) really paid detailed attention to the patrons, his wait staff was equally excellent (Oscar, Fido ..), these guys absolutely knows how to please their customers. We had sea food (pacific sea bass and mexican dish) cooked to perfection with the freshest ingredients. The deserts were fantastic, our most favorite was their flambae ( flan with a twist), and the coffee afer dinner. We ate at this restaurant several times in a week that we were there. Would definitely go back there again next time we are in Los Cabo, San Lucas.

2  Thank Mary Jo N