“Sorry, not the same” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Golondrina Restaurant

La Golondrina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Golondrina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 545 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“Sorry, not the same”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We visited La Golondrina a couple of weeks ago and we were very disappointed. The wives were so looking forward in having some of their good margaritas, that in the past, have been excellent. Well the girls began the night with a "margarita disappointment".

The meals we ordered were fair at best, and when we got the bill ,there was no value left; after the tip the bill (for two) was over $120.00.

Sometimes there are off nights in any business, maybe this was one...

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ADNORTHCAROLINA

Pasco, Washington
“Oh how the mighty have fallen....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Only one word to describe our meal......terrible.

We have been eating at La Golondrina for about 8 years. It has always been on the pricey side, but we would splurge and have a nice meal. This year however, everything was horrible.....the salad and corn chowder appetizers were dull and flat. The fried snapper was seasoned poorly and overcooked (I believe to mask a less than fresh fish) and the seared Ahi also seemed less than fresh. The prices have increased considerably since our last visit in late 2012. This restaurant has dropped off of our gotta go to list for Cabo, would not recommend it.

Visited June 2014
kerrville
“Great venue..but over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is the second time at this popular spot. The food is ok but pricey. Doubt we will try again. but it is a beautiful patio.

Tempe, Arizona
“Third trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We always take our guests as a special seafood treat.A little pricey-I don't think they have realized there are a lot of new reataurants that are pushing prices down.But the food is always consistently good and a great atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Buyer Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Fellow travelers, beware of the bill bait and switch! I was here in late March with 7 family members and shared a lobster dinner with my cousin. We ordered 2 bottled waters and a margarita. The bar bill for drinks comes separately than the food. They presented the bar bill in pesos which I signed. With a large party things get a bit crazy with different checks so I signed the food bill quickly as well. It turned out this bill was in USD so I paid over $150 for a shared lobster dinner. I left the next day but caught it immediately online and the charge was reversed. Meanwhile back in Cabo, the restaurant contacted my family (still at resort) to say they had made an error and were so very sorry. End of story? No! fast forward 6 weeks I find out my bank reversed the funds back to them because they had a signed receipt and disputed my dispute. The real kicker here is I had the only check at the table in USD. I have since found out this has happened before, they target large groups of people hoping to get over on one of the diners.

• Visited March 2014