“Reliable and fun”

La Golondrina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Golondrina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 601 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Don't judge this place by the neighborhood. A lovely outdoor courtyard waits for you behind the whitewashed walls. The menu is extensive and a good value. Go hungry. Fresh fish and meats prepared on an outdoor grill with a variety of sauces. Nothing real fancy. Just solid cooking and reliable.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My sister ordered the Carne Asada it was melt in your mouth good. The banana flambé is out of this world. I hate steak of any kind but this was the best ever. Tono was a very friendly waiter he remembered us and the same with three other waiters. The vegetables were very fresh and delicious. The setting makes me want to get married again and have my reception there.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The food is wonderful here -- there is a focus on fresh seafood and local catches. What we especially loved was the atmosphere: all outdoor dining under beautiful 100+-year-old mesquite trees decorated with hanging lanterns and strings of lights. Our service was wonderful, and the management has recently planted a garden in the back of the restaurant (which they welcome you to walk through) to harvest their own peppers and kitchen herbs. What a wonderful escape!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Lovely garden setting and the vest best lobster we experienced in Cabo. The portions are hugs and prices are reasonable. When you enter, you'll gaze at the menus posted on the wall, then place your order at your table with your waiter. I have a very short memory, so next time I think I'd jot down what I'd chosen -- I couldn't remember by the time we got back to the table!

The guacamole was great. We ordered the "surf & turf," a large steak covered in delicious mushroom sauce, and the largest, most succulent and tender lobster we had in Cabo. It was served with several sauces for dipping, but my fave was the simple melted butter. Also tried the chili relleno, huge and delicious!

The garden is lovely, with plenty of shade, and a nice, light ocean breeze to keep everyone comfortable. Service was friendly and swift.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

U won't leave hungry, lol. Seafood Platter Combo for 2 looks impressive! I'm more of a grilled food & veggies person, not into heavy sauced "traditional" Mexican food. This restaurant has a huge menu written on a board. There is a very nice lady standing there to answer your questions & she lets you try their sauces so you can make a decision on which one you'd like your food to be prepared with. The spacious open courtyard lit with tree-hung lanterns makes the setting very cozy & romantic. Not cheap, if you get lobster/shrimps, about $60-70 pp (meal, drinks, dessert & tip) but you get what you pay for! Comparable to Edith (another favorite ;)