“A wonderful meal in a beautiful setting”

La Golondrina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Golondrina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 588 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am a veteran of many Cabo trips, but for one reason or another, had never tried La Golondrina. Now that I have, all I can say is - WOW!

First, the setting and ambiance of the restaurant are beautiful. The dining area is in an outdoor courtyard with many trees. Each tree is covered in lights and has various lighted ornaments hanging from the branches.

Seafood seems to be the specialty, but they also have mainstream Mexican favorites. One touch that is a little different is that you walk to a main menu board and select the dish you want. Then you walk back to the table and tell the server what you're having.

I had a mahi-mahi grilled in garlic and butter, with bacon-wrapped shrimp. The shrimp had some sauce that I would liken to a light barbecue sauce and that was delicious. The shrimp were HUGE!

All the entrees come with a tostada salad and a bowl of soup. I wasn't too nuts about the soup, but that was just a matter of personal taste, as it was a vegetable soup with huge veggies in it. The quality was good, that kind of soup is just not my bag. I would like to see them offer a tortilla soup. The tostada salad was delicious and had some version of a Mexican vinegarette on it.

All of that and a bottle of water came to about $45, for one person, with tax and tip. There are certainly less expensive meals to be had in Cabo, but I felt the price point was well worth the quality I received.

Que Bueno!

There are newer reviews for La Golondrina Restaurant

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend was frantic to go have dinner here again And i was not sure never heard of the place the few times i have been to CaBo. Till now this place is amazing cant believe i have missed this find. The food is great and drinks are amazing. a must try for anyone going to cabo and wanting an amazing cooked mexican meal.....

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Never a disappointment. As a frequent Cabo traveler we have been coming to this restaurant since 1990. Fresh seafood can be prepared numerous ways. The portions are huge. They will accommodate you on any combination of food choices, prepared any way you wish. For $10 you can share a dinner...which gives you an extra tostada salad, soup, and mashed potatoes and gravy or rice with your meal. The beautiful atmosphere of lighting amongst the 100 year old mesquite trees is delightful! We will always return here on each of our trips. Only problem we have is what to order of the 100 choices on their chalkboard! Never disappoints.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This has to be one of the nicest restaurant experiences I've ever had. The atmosphere was delightful with the pink tablecloths and fairy lights in a garden setting and i found the wait staff very attentive. Menu was large and portion sizes were enourmous. I ordered the mini mexican platter and it was ridiculously huge! The couple at the table next to me had the lobster and I swear it was as long as my arm. The most important part was the food tasted really good. The drinks were also very strong compared to other cocktails I've had in Cabo.

We ordered Mexican coffee and Bananas Foster. Loved the presentation with the flambe at the table for both.

It's definitely more expensive than other restuarants in Cabo, but in my opinion, completely worth it. If I ever get back to Cabo San Lucas, this place will be first on my list to go back to.

2  Thank msmegmog
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Been there 3 different years. Great, great atmosphere and outstanding food. Price is between $$$-$$$$ but well worth the money.