“Hands down my favorite place to eat in Cabo!”
Review of La Dolce

La Dolce
Ranked #43 of 684 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Best Italian food in Cabo! The service is impeccable and the atmosphere is great. Indoor and outdoor seating.
In the past year i have probably eaten at La Dolce 15 times and have not had a bad experience yet..that's hard to say about most tourist towns in Mexico. the nice thing about La Dolce is that it is about 2 blocks off the main drag so it is not your typical tourist trap restaurant...it reminds me of the restaurants in my neighborhood in houston that are there to serve good food with good service...La Dolce is a "diamond in the rough"

The menu is outstanding with a great wine list as well......
...we always start off with the Asparagui Da Luigi (asparagus wrapped in prociutto ham) or the Carpaccio Di Carni ( thin slices of lean beef tenderloin with olive oil, lime and parmesan cheese)
...the "off the menu" Seafood Pasta special is my favorite...pasta with mussels,clams,calamari, shrimp, etc............the Spaghetti alla Bolognese and the Spaghetti Diavola are great spaghetti dishes as well. i've even had the Rib Eye steak and it was great and cooked to perfection.
the group i traveled with on our last trip had their daughter with them and she order one of their wood fired pizzas and it was one of the best pizzas i have ever had and they even let her go to the prep area and let her help make the pizza....she had a blast!

Next time you are in Cabo, tell your cab driver to take you to La Dolce on Hidalgo St......you wont be disappointed!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed August 15, 2010

Went out for a night in Cabo with the family and found La Dolce on the list of recommendations from Trip Advisor. Gald we did. Food was excellent - we had fresh ravioli that the waiter recommended and it was one of the best meals we had on our trip. The owner later came over for a visit and took both of our girls up to make their own Pizza's. A very patient pizza chef helped my 6 and 3 yr olds pound dough and spread cheese - they loved it!

We will be back the next time we are in Cabo.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

I've been to every restauarant in Cabo probably 15 times, and La Dolce continues to provide consistently great food, service, and ambiance- sit either inside or outside, in Cabo's historic "Old Town" and enjoy..this is also a terrific family restaurant, offering wonderful pizza for the kids- this is a wonderful place in Cabo !

Reviewed August 13, 2010

La Dolce is a very typical italian restaurant, as you would find it anywhere in Italy. From the moment you come in the service es excellent. Even personalized... you just need to talk to Stefanno, the owner, and you will feel his passion for italian food and life. And you will also understand why in the history of the restaurant (see the menu) they say that their most important is not to sacrifice quality for price! The food is amazing. I had Spaghetti Mare e Monti and my wife had Penne Dolce. OMG, that was a hit.
Guests feel like home. Staff works like if it was their home and Stefanno is in all details (Kitchen, entry, with guests, etc.). That makes the difference.
The only detail I would correct is the light... it is a bit darkish, but it seems to be the case in many restaurants in Los Cabos...
Ci vediamo in 2011, Stefanno.

2  Thank elsuizofilipino
Reviewed August 11, 2010

It seems odd to think that you would find great Italian food in Cabo San Lucas, but La Dolce pulls it off!

My fiancee called it "cute" - it is a very nice little place, complete with a brick pizza oven. We shared the Dolce Salad, which was a great start, and was more than enough for two people as an appetizer. I had the lasagna, which was very good, and my fiancee had the Dolce Pizza, which was very good.

The only complaint I have about La Dolce is the price on drinks - a Mexican beer should not cost $5 US, and a glass of house wine should not cost $8 US.

This is a great place, and we highly recommend it!

2  Thank dag2285