“Awesome Italian In Cabo”

Salvatore's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 587 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Salvatore's in as many trips to Cabo. Love this place. They seem to take reservations for 3 sittings...6 pm, 8 pm and 10 pm. We got there a few minutes before 8 and there was a line. Everyone seemed to have reservations and they were just waiting for tables to open up from the 6 pm sitting. I would recommend reservations. The portions here are huge. We started with the stuffed mushroom that had several varieties of seafood in it. We then moved onto the Mexican-Italian salad which we found was delicious. For our meal we had the famous lasagna and lamb stuffed ravioli. Both were fantastic and we had plenty of salad and main courses left over to take back to our condo for a 2nd meal. Several groups next to us had tiramisu for desert and they all seemed to love it. This is a great place to go as a group b/c of the portion sizes. Its also a nice romantic spot as we love the small courtyard feel of the place.

There are newer reviews for Salvatore's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

After I read so many positive reviews, I ate there in Jan 2013.
I could not accept this place as 'Italian restaurant'.
I asked for 'Al Dente' but waiter didn't know what that means. Completely Overcooked pasta was served, size was crazily huge to satisfy fat Americans. Super salty w too much garlic and spice.
I am 100% sure that they boil pasta and let it sit until customer order food. I gave them another try and asked Al dente again however overcooked pasta was served again. Owner is an Italian American, they should be ashamed themselves not to pay attention to super basic and most important thing to cook pasta 'Al DENTE' .
People who are happy with their food don't know about Italian food and never been to Italy or cities that serve real Italian food. Who wants to eat mushy pasta that you don't have to chew?
Horrible place, period.

1  Thank ManhattanViv
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This tucked away gem is now a place I will never miss on my return travels.
The Manager, Hector and his staff were very attentive the whole evening.
The food was delicious and ample. The setting was quaint.
My daughter and I shared the Itali/Mexi Caprese Salad and the Lasagna.
Both were simply amazing!!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Siesta Suites Hotel, which actually shares the property with this restaurant and had the pleasure to eat 4 or 5 lunches or dinners over aabout a three week period. We found the food quality and service very good and consistent! Our favortie dishes were the pork shank (if you like pork and are a big meat eater, you gotta try it!), and the spaghetti and meatballs with marinara sauce. The bolognese sauce was also very good, and much like my European mother-in-law cooks; the sauce had good chunks of meat - I am guesing maybe chuck roast - in stead of the more usual ground beef. The bread was also the best in town for italian dining, as the other italian places we tried used either Mexican boletos (not bad, but not the kind of bread one looks to eat with rich italian sauces). Another favorite dish was the shrimp scampi (very light white wine sauce; perfectly cooked shrimp), along with the bruschetta. Again, the bread here makes all the difference; it is hard to find baguettes in Cabo! Very nice caesar and garden/house salads as well. Good wine list, at least for Cabo. Prices very fair, given the portion size and quality.

Portions are always very large, and my wife and I always tooks some home even though we ordered only one dinner for each of us. The tiramisu was the best I have ever had (even though it is not really my favorite desert), but the chocolate mousse... NOTHING like what I expected! The mousse was rich, creamy, and made with Mexican chocolate that was more flavorful and satisfying than even ice cream!

The only negative is that the pasta was, for our taste, often overcooked (especially the lasagne). But this is a matter of taste; if you are more interested in a rich and flavorful sauce and don't mind pasta that is not prefectly al dente, this will not even be noticable.

The service was exceptional, and the staff were always attentive without "hovering." Sophia was our favorite server, and she made sure our meals were great!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went here for dinner and ordered lasagne and.having been here before my wife and I split. I'm guessing a third of it was still left. Of course we had the Caesar salad and it was huge as well: split that as well and had half of it left. Salad was fresh and crisp. The lasagne was thick, loaded with sausage and incredible. My brother got the pork shank and I tasted it: talk about tender and tasty...wow! Make reservations: this place is packed for dinner.