“False advertising .............. buyer beware”

La Princesa Catamaran
Private Catamaran Tour in Los Cabos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Booked the Sail and Snorkel trip departing Cabo on Dec 28th at noon. We motored to lands end as expected and then headed for Santa Maria Bay for snorkeling. Since there was no mainsail (supposedly out for repair) I had expected to at least fly the jib (great winds) for a part of the trip but no such luck. We motored to Santa Maria Bay and all the way back again and I made a point of observing a 2nd La Princesa catamaran that did exactly the same thing. So if you are actually looking for a "sailing" adventure this is not the attraction for you and you would be better off booking with one of the small monohull operators of which there are lots. The snorkeling portion was also a disaster as the water was so murky you could barely see anything even two feet away. My recommendation would be that if you really are interested in snorkeling would be to rent a car and go to Chilena Bay (around the point from Santa Maria Bay) as there are beautiful beaches, easy access and lots of rock formations to shelter you from the currents. We spent an afternoon there and saw lots of fish and thoroughly enjoyed the marine life.
One good thing about the La Princesa boat we were on was that the crew were very friendly and provided excellent personal service.
Bottom line if you want a true sail and snorkel then pass this by.

All reviews
"larger boat"
"spend an evening"
"mixed drinks"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this cruise"
"lovers beach"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our family took the snorkeling cruise this past week and had a fabulous time! The guides were great guys, fun to be with and very professional. The food was good, especially the guacamole and the bar was never ending! The fish were wonderful, some of the best we've seen. We highly recommend this adventure to everyone!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We took the 3 1/2 hour snorkling trip with La Princesa on our recent trip to Cabo. The service was excellent. Before I could sit down on the boat I was offered a beer or water. From then on anytime that my beer was empty they were handing me another. The staff were excellent and they are what made the trip enjoyable. They were very helpful in giving advise and pointing out landmarks along the way.
The snorkling was not that great. We went to Santa Maria Bay. The water was not that clear, could be because there was a recent storm. We have snorkled in Hawaii and Cancun and Cabo just does not compare-not the crews fault though. We would definitely take another excursion with La Princesa.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We paid, I think $39 a person, which for a 3.5 hour trip I would say is pretty good.

The crew was very friendly and welcoming from the moment we stepped aboard. They began offering beers (little bottles that you can finish before they grow warm), sodas, waters, mixed drinks. They seemed very geniune and concerned for each person's comfort and enjoyment. Their smiles and good attitude encouraged the passengers to interact and get on together (the 'instant like' that another reviewer mentions here). The late 70's/early 80's soundtract, ubiquitous to Cabos, actually grew on me while the cold beer and warm sun did their work.

Okay, the food- tuna sandwichs and guac and chips- are noteworthy only for its humbleness, but we weren't even expecting food.

I would join La Princesa for another trip in a heartbeat. (we took a trip on the Pez Gato another day, and the crew was not nearly so nice- luck of the draw, perhaps?)

1  Thank Alex30312