“Brilliant memories, awesome location!”
Review of Fritton Lake

Fritton Lake
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Fritton
More attraction details
Owner description: Fritton Lake Outdoor Activity Park has an adventure for everyone. Get closer to the Norfolk country side with a large variety of outdoor activities. There is fun and exploration for all ages in the beautiful lakeside country park.Let off some steam on the adventure playground complete with giant inflatable pillow, relax on the river in one of three types of boat, enjoy a round of golf on the 9 hole pitch and putt course or retreat inside for a quiet coffee whilst the children enjoy the soft play area and indoor activities. For those who wish to discover more of the Norfolk wildlife explore the the nature and history trails, buckle up for a pony ride at Lakeside Riding Centre, bring your fishing rod and see which of the extensive varieties of fish you can find or explore the grounds on two wheels with our bikes and go-karts.
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Brilliant memories, awesome location!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I lived in Gorleston for 26 years, from being born until i moved to London. All my family still live up there so i always have an excuse to visit but this weekend was special...it was my Dad's 60th birthday and as a surprise, my Mum booked a couple of lodges for our whole family. We stayed from Friday until Sunday. My Mum said the staff were exceptionally helpful throughout the booking process, my Mum made a couple of visits to view the lodges to make sure they were suitable and nothing was too difficult for the staff at Fritton Lake to accommodate.

On our day of arrival we were amazed, the location is superb, you're nestled in amongst the trees and the lodges have everything you need. There were 12 of us staying at the lodges (8 in the larger lodge and 4 in the smaller one) and we had some other family visit for a special birthday meal one evening which meant there were 16 of us. We rearranged some furniture and everyone could sit comfortably. The well-equipped kitchen, although cozy, did the job and having a dishwasher was invaluable. The larger lodge also had a washer/dryer, 2 bathrooms and anything else you could need. The smaller lodge had an equipped kitchen (although no dishwasher), the washing machine came in handy after a muddy walk around the woods. The best feature, by far, in the smaller lodge was the wood-burner. We stayed in December and although we were lucky that the weather was (mostly) sunny, it certainly wasn't warm and getting back to the lodge and lighting up a roaring fire was bliss.

There isn't a huge amount to do around the park itself, i worked here during the summer in 2002 and i was chuffed to see the shack where i sold ice-creams was still standing, it was a nice little trip down memory lane, if you're staying in the lodges you get free entrance to the country park, you can hire bikes, boats and do some horse-riding although it's best to book these in advance with reception. We just wanted to take it easy so had a wander around. If you want anything a little more engaging then you need to jump in the car and head out, this wasn't something that interested me particularly and i quite liked the fact i felt like i was cut-off from the world in the middle of the woods. You can get some amazing scenic photos around there too, it's very scenic.

The only negatives i had is that the smaller lodge didn't have enough bath towels or toilet roll, we asked for some more which was no problem for the staff but a little frustrating that it wasn't sorted beforehand. The smaller lodge also had a folder hidden away which explains everything about the lodge, the area and how things work, we didn't find this until well in to our stay. When we arrived we thought the bulb had gone in the bathroom and there was no hot water but it turns out that there were mains switches in the airing cupboard for the boiler and the bathroom light/fan which were switched off, it would be great if the folder was out on the kitchen table or in a prominent position so new guests can arrive and get settled as soon as possible. We also didn't have any tea-bags or anything in the smaller lodge, this wasn't a big deal as we spent most of our time in the big lodge with the rest of the family but a nice cuppa would have been great whilst sitting in front of the fire. The folder also had the instructions for all the appliances, gadgets and gizmos that our lodge had but we didn't find one of these in the larger lodge, this proved difficult when trying to programme the washer/dryer as the appliance itself was far from self-explanatory but we got there in the end. The oven and touch-control ceramic hob were also feature-laden but took some fathoming out with no instructions to refer to (i know this sounds like a completely pointless rant but we only had a couple of days there and didn't want to spend it working out how to get a quick wash on the dishwasher).

All in all we had a great time, myself and the other-half are talking of getting a few friends together some time next year (possibly new year) and heading up again, our only stipulation would be that we want a lodge with a wood-burner, there's just something really enjoyable about building a nice fire and relaxing around it!

Visited December 2013

“Just a perfect break away”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well what can I say I was a amazing holiday I have ever had in England
Fritton lake was just a beautiful place to stay
Me and my other half stay in the honeysuckle room and it was just beautiful waking up in the morning to the beautiful lake and sight
Everyone there were so welcoming and u always has someone to call if you had a problem which we didn't driving down to our room we could see the horse and then just before we reach our room we could see the lake before we even went into out room we had to go walk down to the lake and I knew then that this was a perfect place to stay
Would stay again :)

Visited October 2013
Gorleston United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Returned on my 30th to show my children my youth!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

i used to live in Fritton for 19 years, had a season ticket every year, most of my childhood was spent at Fritton Lake!

Fishing every day, I used to be let in at 4 am, I loved the place, families all over the place would turn up, car rallys, reinactions, fun days, always packed, normally 6 coach loads would turn up each day,

So I thought I,ll take my boys on my 30th to show them what I used to get up to.
we were only there half an hour as my partner is type 1 Diabetic, she needed some food quick, and we looked at the food, and promptly left as the food on offer was a single sandwich and odd sweets it wasent enough for a meal for a family of six, we jumped into the car and drove off to Cherry lane, had a nice meal then drove back, had a nice walk around and the kids jumped on a few things, in total i think we were in the park for 2h30mins -3hrs and there was only 3 other families in the park???

I've always thought what a great place to turn into a Viking village for families to go back in time, why isent there a high ropes course?
Abit like Go Ape or more playground things like Bewilderwood, its why the families turn up to them, there is plenty of ground available, i'd love to have a high nature walk in the canopy of the trees, seeing the nature up close and from another level with the children it would be great, there could be feeding stations to attract birds insects and squirrels?

The military vehicle rally why not invite local groups, Scouts, Guides, Beavers and the T S Warriors who have a band and rib boat, put on Dragon boat racing like they do at Oulton Broad its a massive draw to the public, it is a shame as everyone has different ideas,

Fritton lake isent what it used to be,

Visited April 2013
1 Thank G9831AYThomson
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great day out!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe my eyes are seeing some of the reviews on here! Not enough to do? We stayed at the nearby Haven for a week and stumbled across this place on our way back from a day out. There are lots of walking routes down by the river, picnic areas. The play area looks awesome. Our son is disabled but he loved the swings and the big blue slide. It was very clean and well maintained. He has just started walking and he had a great time rolling around on the grass and practicing stomping about. And the indoor soft play was just right for him. It is aimed at toddlers and he had loads of fun. There are bikes to hire and you can hire a boat and go out on the lake. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the area. A safe area for your kids to run about and ware themselves out. What's not to love about it?

Visited August 2013
Diss, United Kingdom
184 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Great stay in a specially adapted holiday lodge. Loved the park.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This holiday attraction is very well priced at £3 each for entry which is a lot less than some other attractions. The adventure park is really good and the children loved the bouncy pillow and the castle. There is a great wellie walk around part of the lake. The pony rides at £3 were loved by the girls. Also the boat trip on the lake at £3 was very interesting. There are go karts and bikes to hire. You do have to pay for the extra items but then it is up to you what you do. You can just come in for a picnic and not spend anything else. The park is clean and well kept with lovely gardens and maze which the children loved exploring. They could do with an outdoor paddling pool or some type of water feature when the weather is hot. There is lake swimming but not suitable for fun swimming.

We stayed in a specially adapted holiday lodge through Activities Unlimited with a disabled child. The lodge was amazing, tucked away in the trees. Hoseasons let other lodges for short breaks.

Visited August 2013