See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here last December when under interim management, thank goodness they have gone. Came back to use the Caldecott to run a seminar as I knew the location - very glad I did - I couldn't have been better looked after, nothing was too much trouble: thanks Mike for your efforts. The customer service is to be commended with a special mention for the red haired girl behind the bar serving me G & Ts after work.
Didn't use the spa so can't comment

Room Tip: Not sure if it matters which you book as it is so quiet here you can't help but have a great night's sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Graham F
Reviewed April 28, 2013

After reading the reviews on here we were a bit worried as to what to expect. On arrival we was greeted by the owner who seemed very pleased to see us who kindly pointed out the amazing facilities that were included in our stay! My favorite being the spa. We booked a family room which was rather larger than expected that was rather warm (you can change the temperature by yourself to suit your needs) The room was clean and tidy with an average size bathroom (shower or bath) and a large bed. we spent most of the time in the Restaurant/Bar room due to bad weather, the bar was quite quaint but after speaking with the staff it will be re-modeled. Overall we had a very good weekend and would recommend staying here. we will be visiting again towards the end of the year and we look forward to seeing the remodeled version.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy L
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A small hotel trying to be more upmarket than it actually is! Majority of staff don't seem to care or value the customers. Don't even bother with the food - which is as about nice as the state of their kitchen (yuk!). Tiny bar which didn't seem to have much choice. The rooms look like something in your average B&B or Travelodge (just more expensive). Organisation is clearly non-extistant - the management couldn't manage a p**s-up in a brewery!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CR1986
CaldecottManager, Manager at Caldecott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Hello

Thank you for your comments. Since your stay, the hotel has come under new management and is currently being renovated. The new management have also brought a new chef on board as well as new waiters and waitresses.

We will be taking your comments on board and endeavor to ensure that future stays are a more pleasant experience.

Regards

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We celebrated our Mothers Day with a meal at Caldecott Hall, it ultimately ended up in us eating KFC!
When we arrived we waited 15 minutes to even get a drink and when we were finally served the poor girl was in tears. Once we were finally seated we had noticed lots of people were leaving their tables before even receiving any food and we're walking out without paying. We ordered our food and waited 40 minutes for our starter. I honestly have to say it was the worst Prawn Cocktail I have ever had, we didn't even have any bread to accompany it. We waited another half an hour to be told the chef had apparently stopped cooking so we were unsure if we would get our main course. After the starter we didn't want it. In the end we decided to leave unlike the rest of the customers.
The only good points of our visit was that the waitress who served us was lovely and sweet, she was having to deal with things that were beyond her control. Also the location is wonderful and it's such a shame that we had such a terrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Graven30
CaldecottManager, Manager at Caldecott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hello

We are sorry to hear of your experience at Caldecott Hall Hotel on Mothers Day.

The hotel is now under new ownership, and so we will take on board your comments and endeavor to ensure that future visits to the hotel are a much more positive experience.

Regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I have never been treated with such contempt as a paying client, to be informed by the receptionist that the hotel had new owners and would not honor previous bookings and that I should contact the company who I booked through and ask for a refund, yet when I asked the receptionist if I could book a room with the new owners for the dates I had booked I was told I could be the costs had been increased by the new owners, well stayed here under the old owners and would have again but there is no way I will stay here when the new management have such a poor attitude to paying clients and will recommend to friends, family and clients that they do not book here again also.
Poor service, cold rooms, bad food service and bar service seem to be the new way for this hotel now, would not recommend this hotel to anyone now as under new management.

• Stayed: March 2013

Hello

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. Unfortunately as the hotel is under new ownership, we were unable to accept any Groupon bookings. We have informed Groupon and asked them to refund any customers who have booked.

The room prices at Caldecott Hall Hotel had not been changed since 2009 and so upon takeover, it was decided to make a very modest increase the room cost, in order to make the business more sustainable.

We hope that you will visit us again in the future and will endeavor to ensure that future visits are a more enjoyable experience.