“just great”

Farren's Bar
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Malin Head
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed March 3, 2013

the best beer in Ireland! funny, friendly and helpful guy! It was a pleasure to met him! I would go again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Well worth a visit for a pint or a coffee if you have traveled this far north. Bar staff very friendly.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a place you must stop at if you are travelling up to Malin Head, Ireland's most northerly point. There are signs on the road pointing you to it so you should be able to find it. I stopped there a couple weeks ago because I thought it would be fun to have a drink at the top of Ireland. The bartender was friendly and welcoming and there were a couple of locals in there who were just as friendly. I wish we had more time to stay there and enjoy a good conversation with all of them, but we had a lot of ground to cover. I will definitely go back the next time I am up that way. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

it was 11 am and we were looking for coffee house shown in our guide book but it closed down so we ended up in this bar .. they were really nice ... It was too early for guiness unfortunately but it was tempting ... instead had a nice cappucino !! it was still good !! too bad they only had pizza for food we weren't in the mood for that !!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

OK- This got 5 stars b/c it's novel- Its the most northernly pub in the Republic. We were driving to Malin Head and saw a sign for this pub and had to stop. We each had a Guinness- which was poured in the traditionally slow pour style by a bar tender that MIGHT have been 19 years old. The pizza oven was broken- so no pizza for us that day, but sometimes that is just the way it goes.