“Best hotel ever!”

Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitburn
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for only the weekend as my cousin got married in the hotel. The rooms are lovely, they are clean and tidy and ours was very big. All the staff are polite and friendy, always smileing and talking. The wedding was amazing! The set out was brilliant and the day flowed without a hitch. The food is amazing! Really top quality, and good sized portions. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We are thinking off booking and staying here at Christmas :)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank L4ur
hilditch, Owner at Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here on a Tuesday night for work. Thanks to FlyBee - my flight from Southampton was delayed by 4 hours - I didn't arrive till 10pm. The lady on reception with no prompting from me informed me that the restaurant was closed but would happily arrange for some sandwiches, which was a pleasant change from FlyMayBees inefficiencies.
Room was clean & modern - window had a small crack in double glazing - this was apologized for both when I checked in & out.
Breakfast was good in the morning with the staff both friendly & efficient.
Will stay there again when working in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off here for a 3 course dinner on August 22nd on way home from a day trip in Edinburgh. Wow! Beautiful entrance into hotel, nice and welcoming staff and the dining room were just amazing. Next time i'm back, i will be renting a room!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks.

Regards

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I did give this hotel the chance to give a satisfactory response to my complaint, however this did not happen and instead they slated some of my guests in the process.
We celebrated my daughters wedding blessing on the evening of the 9th August 2013. The staff were courteous and the evening in general went smoothly, hence the two star rating given.
I had 3 complaints:
Firstly we did order the basic buffet of sandwiches and sausage rolls with tea and coffee, my complaint was that after paying £460 for the buffet, I was disappointed to receive 5 platters of sandwiches and sausage rolls just heaped on the plate, no trimmings of salad etc the presentation was pitiful, and the amount was pitiful. I actually apologised to guests and they could not believe what I had paid.
Secondly during the course of the evening the waiters were removing half glasses of guests drinks before they had finished, and at between £4.00 and £5.00 this is too expensive for this to be happening.
Thirdly I booked a family room at the hotel to avoid running backwards and forwards during the day, at £72.00 I felt this was expensive as the room was nothing special and I have had family rooms of a higher standard for a third of the cost.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Caroline M
hilditch, Owner at Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for your anticipated review. As the General Manager of the hotel has already said, we are very sorry that you were not satisfied on the night. With regards to our response, we feel we have answered all your points, however, I will reiterate them again. At no point did we " Slate" any of our patrons! We merely pointed out that if a person brings their own alcohol onto a licensed premise then we are obligated under law to remove that alcohol. I am very proud of my staff and confident that they would not take a persons drink that was paid for at our bar if that person was not finished. Our wine by the glass is £5 per 250ml (one third of a bottle) and £4 per 175ml just to clarify our bar prices.

The " Basic Buffet" as you say is actually one of the most popular options that we do. Sandwiches on thick bloomer bread with a varied selection of fillings, cut into 4 triangles and set out on silver salvers. We do not decorate the salvers as this would reduce the amount that could be served on them. The amount put out on the night was normal for the number of guests and after speaking with staff, there were sandwiches actually left over when the buffet ended. Again, we do not hide our costs and the buffet of sandwiches, hot sausage rolls with tea or coffee is priced at £5.75pp which equates to your £460 for your eighty guests. I am very surprised that Margaret Gill, the General manager who was on duty all night was not made aware of the buffet being unacceptable to you. All our buffets are checked by management prior to guests being called through.

With regards to your room, again I am sorry it was not what you were expecting. I cannot say any more on this as it is your own opinion.

We are a very proud, family orientated business. On occassions we do get things wrong and when we do, we take responsibility and try to to rectify matters, however, I feel that in this instance, we have done all that we can.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I celebrated my 50th Birthday at the Hillcroft Hotel on the 27th July with my family, on arrival we were warmly welcomed and promptly taken to our table, the table presentation was done to perfection with crisp white table covers and glasses that sparkled ,the seating was very well arranged.We had a set menu with lots of choices from starters to main meals to delicious desserts,good selection of wines and Heverlee(Lager) for Mr Wilson!! The food was delicious and the presentation was excellent,very relaxing atmosphere throughout the meal. Entertainment excellent later on in the night by a guy singing and playing a guitar ( Sorry Cant Remember The Guys Name) very obliging guy singing any song that we requested. With wee Alexander cheering him on!!!

Excellent night had by all, special thanks to all staff for making my 50th Birthday a memorable one xx

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My and my new hubby had our wedding in the hotel and we also stayed over night. The food was delicous the service from the staff was OUTSTANDING we wern't expecting half of what the hilcroft done but they made our day even mpre specialer. We worth the money and well worth to even go and have a meal and even stay over for a night can't thank them enough.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently visited the Hillcroft Hotel for a 60th Birthday Party

The TABLE SETTING was beautiful and tasetefully decorated and there was plenty of space for the large family gathering. We had a set menu of four choices for each course and all of the courses were delicious.

The FOOD presentation was of masterchef quality and it tasted even better, the whole party raved about the standard of food which was deserving of a particular mention,

The STAFF are always extremely efficicient and nothing is too much trouble and they pay attention to the tiny details which is rare in some restaurants. This ensures everyone has a trouble free meal.

The fact it was a summer night, with glorious sunshine shining into the conservatory added to the party ambience.

A great night was had by all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitburn
Travelodge Livingston
Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel
Cairn Hotel
Cairn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bathgate

Been to Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel? Share your experiences!