“Fantastic - absolutely no complaints” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel

BEST WESTERN Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitburn
“Fantastic - absolutely no complaints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We got married here on Saturday 12th November 2011 and have been meaning to review it ever since. From our first meeting with Margaret to view the venue we knew our big day was in good hands and we would have no worries about it running smoothly. And that's exactly how it did go. A number of our guests stayed the Friday and Saturday night and I didn't hear one grumble about anything from any of them - the staff were fantastic, very friendly and genuinely smiley when serving us. Rooms were lovely and clean and food was great both on the Friday night and for our wedding meal, not to mention the breakfast each morning. Granted, some of the rooms are perhaps a little old fashioned but cleanliness was not an issue. Special mentions to Andrea for organising the rooms, and to Scott and Margaret for ensuring out big day went well from start to finish. A huge thanks to all the staff! Would definitely recommend as a wedding venue.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for my sister's wedding, at first it seemed a surprising choice of location but the exceptional customer care soon made us realise why it had been chosen! The bride & a good proportion of the wedding party work in the hotel trade so shoddy service would have quickly irritated all - this was not even a minor concern at this hotel. The staff are outstanding.

• Stayed November 2011
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for two nights to attend a friends wedding. The wedding itself was excellent, and I must congratulate the team at the hotel for the time & effort they put into ensuring that all went well. However, the same cannot be said about the accommodation. I don't know where the rooms shown the website are, but the rooms I had seen in looked nothing like them. Dated is the only word I can use. Small rooms; rooms needing freshened up; bathrooms outdated & needing freshened up; no power behind the shower; uncomfortable beds. As I say the wedding and everything surrounding it was faultless. The only thing that let down the hotel, in my opinion, was the rooms.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Duncan_Edment
hilditch, Owner at BEST WESTERN Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hi, thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. I am delighted you enjoyed the wedding and the service. I am sorry that you felt that your bedroom was not up to the same standard. As I am unaware of which room you were in, I'm guessing that it was one of the hotel's original rooms where the size is unfortunately smaller than our newer additions shown on our website. All our rooms have had the soft furnishings done in the last 4 years. The pressure in the showers is certainly something that we can look into and will do this as a matter of course.

Thanks again for your review

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I attended this venue as part on an AGM.
As we were a group of 12, I was asked to submit our orders at least an hour before we were scheduled to eat to ensure quick and accurate service. Alas, this did not happen.

The starters were delivered over a 15 minute period, 1 was missed and 1 was wrong.

The waiting staff appeared inexperience and did not seem to know how to clear plates properly as they looked awkward and dropped several items.

The mains were not much better - again 2 errors. The senior member of waiting staff actually argued that we were the one who were incorrect. I remained calm and asked for my original piece of paper with the orders to be consulted. We then received an apology for their error.

The vegetables with the main were seriously undercooked, i.e. practically raw.

In the end, most of the desserts were not received as we had over-run our time thanks to the exceptionally slow and haphazard service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Graham K
Hi, please accept my apology for the poor exrperience you had at the hotel. From your comments I will be looking into this matter and will get in touch directly.

Thanks

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel but did eat in the dining 2 nights during our stay in nearby Blackburn. Both times we had excellent meals, perhaps the best I had during my 2 1/2 weeks in Scotland. The service was good and the dining room is nicely appointed. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsboll
Hi, I am delighted you enjoyed your experience in our One O Eight Bar & Restaurant. Please be sure to come again when you are next here on holiday.

Scotland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My daughter's wedding was held here yesterday and I am absolutely compelled to write a review with no delay with one problem, I cannot find words to do justice. From the start of preparations last year Margaret Gill and her team have been a joy to work with. There is no one member of staff who did not add to making this day the success it was. Customer service is absolutely top notch in every single application to dealing with us and at all times in a professional and expert manner. Nothing was too much trouble and it showed. The accommodation was very comfortable and the wedding package was such excellent value for money. We are absolutely certain that we made the best choice and would have struggled to get a higher standard of attention and service and can only say a HUGE thank you. It is no wonder this hotel is booked up so far in advance because frankly it stands out from the rest.

Room Tip: All rooms good and very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Linda C
hilditch, Owner at BEST WESTERN Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that Your daughters big day was enjoyed by all. Margaret and her staff work extremely hard and I am immensely proud of them.

Thanks again for taking the time to feed back your comments.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

the restuarant is very nicely done. all dark wood , very contemporary, lovely menu with good choices . my husband had prawn cocktail and steak and they were perfect. very very nice presentation , my son had mussells and and steak , again amazing standard. i had camebert and the chicken, the chicken was so nice.... but i had random dipping oil with the cheese ,, our wine also was very good quality, no complaints at all , just one tiny one . i felt the service was abit wooden if that is the word im looking for , it just was not quite there with atmosphere , but i highly recomend everyone try it ,,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank annyb555
hilditch, Owner at BEST WESTERN Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. Could you let me know by email at what time you were in as this would help in our staff developement to continually improve the service.

Regards

hilcroft@bestwestern.co.uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitburn
Cairn Hotel
Mercure Livingston
Mercure Livingston
#3 of 4 in Livingston
Macdonald Houstoun House

Been to BEST WESTERN Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel? Share your experiences!