“Good food and a good location”

Midtrail Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Midtrail Restaurant is located at the halfway point of the World Famous Cabot Trail and is a favorite spot for casual dining among travelers and locals alike. Lobster, Snow Crab, Mussels & Scallops are among the favorites on the menu with other tasty dishes that are sure to please. Domestic and imported beers are also available as well as a nice selection of local wines along with international varieties as well. Join us for some great food and amazing views of the sea on the Cabot Trail.
Cambridge, Canada
“Good food and a good location”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate at the restaurant and stayed at the motel.
Neither were incredibly fancy, but the restaurant served good food, and had great service. Because we were just off season it was cheaper to stay than a few weeks earlier, but still not cheap.
However the room was clean and functional and when you get up in the morning you have a spectacular view. I would certainly stay here again.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Phil-M-1955

Qualicum Beach, Canada
“great lunch”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

waited a long time after our orders but it was worth the wait as food was cooked from scratch and excellent. The service was attentive and friendly, the scenery superb.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank rgminbc
Zurich, Switzerland
“Down home cooking heaven”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

As a native Scotian back visiting from Europe (amazing where you end up if you keep going down the road), I came back looking for the tastes of home. This place gave it in spades.

We ate breakfast and dinner here for all of our time in Pleasant Bay, and had a fantastic meal each time. Superb chowder, great crab, excellent fish, and filling breakfasts done right. The decor is... well, it's Pleasant Bay. The service is friendly, and they have these Trail Chips as a potato option- basically thin cut, homemade chips (crisps to you Brits). Glorious deepfried crispy goodness.

I'll be back.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank elvisgrimm
Westmount, Quebec, Canada
“Incredible Chowder!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I try to come to Pleasant Bay once a year around Thanksgiving to enjoy the foliage and the hiking. I always have a meal at the motel. The food is wonderful. Of all the restaurants I have eaten at during my trip to Nova Scotia I would have to say that the seafood chowder is the best I have ever tasted. It was creamy and full of seafood. Not watery like some places. I had the Haddock Dinner. It too was wonderful. The only thing I would have to complain about would be the veges. They appeared to be frozen. Maybe they were not and were just steamed to death. They just had the feel of being frozen.

The staff were really delightful and energetic. Food in general was really good. Nice atmosphere. Had it not been dark outside I would have a wonderful view of the ocean.

• Visited October 2013
Pictou, Canada
“Great hot food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The food was fresh and hot and home cooked. We didn't have to wait very long it was quick. Just the perfect priced and taste food I like to eat .

Visited July 2013