“home away from home”

Midtrail Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Midtrail Restaurant is located at the halfway point of the World Famous Cabot Trail and is a favorite spot for casual dining among travelers and locals alike. Lobster, Snow Crab, Mussels & Scallops are among the favorites on the menu with other tasty dishes that are sure to please. Domestic and imported beers are also available as well as a nice selection of local wines along with international varieties as well. Join us for some great food and amazing views of the sea on the Cabot Trail.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This restaurant is very reasonably priced and the food is more like a home cooked meal. We had breakfast there twice and both times I was not disappointed. We had dinner once where I feasted on crab legs, which were very fresh. Everyone there seemed to work extremely hard and long hours, to the point where I thought our breakfast server needed a day off because she was the one that served us dinner the night before and she looked extremely exhausted.

1  Thank Nardia S

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I expected more along the lines of diner type meals, but the menu offer some very interesting choices at very reasonable prices. Even if you are not spending the night, it's worth the stop.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the Midtrail Motel & Inn so why not eat at the restaurant. I went to dinner with two of my friends from Europe whom traveled with me. The food was prepared as ordered, hot, plenty of food and a good value. I had the mussels and the seafood chowder. Both were delicious with a lot of taste. My friends were happy with what they ordered.
The only shocker was when one of my friends went to pay for the dinner. He did not understand the Canadian dollar and gave the waitress $70 for the total dinner bill of $51. The waitress made no effort to give him any change and received a 40% tip. She should have realized something was wrong but made no attempt to give out any change or to notify my friend of the mistake that was made. Other than the tip problem we had a good time at the restaurant.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Excellent food, Excellent friendly service...love the view of the resident hummingbird! Wonderful view from the back of their property of Pleasant Bay Sunsets!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The ladies welcomed us and gave my me, my wife and two teenage daughters the best seat in the house. The chowder, mussels , fish and even the fries were very fresh and portions large. Even our wine glasses were filled to the rim. The prices were great too. My daughters typically don't eat much but their plates were emptied tonight even with the larger portions. After dinner we even had a glass of wine on the bluff over the ocean as the sun went down. A dinner experience that everyone can enjoy.