MidTrail Motel & Inn
Merry's Motel(Cheticamp)
Albert's Motel(Cheticamp)
Cheticamp Motel(Cheticamp)
View Hotel
Burton's Sunset Oasis Motel(Bay St. Lawrence)
View Hotel
All reviewscabot trailmountain view roomcape bretonscenic areamain buildingstayed one nightpinkoceanbayexteriordecklaundrybulbgravyaccommodationsqueenshore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Stayed one night. The room was very clean and well maintained overlooking at a 200 metre distance the liitle port. Ate in their restaurant an excellent lobster at 22$ and some local white wine. A great evening. Next day took Wesleys Whale Watch and saw more whales than I've ever seen in my life. Great stop. Recommend!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The exterior of the Inn can be deceiving as it looks older; however, don't let that fool you! The rooms have been completely renovated with new floors, paint, bathrooms etc. The rooms are very spacious, bright and comfortable. We stayed in the Mountainview portion of the Inn which had a balcony and a beautiful view of the mountains and water. The staff was very friendly and the food in the restaurant was excellent. I would recommend this location to everyone. We plan to return next year and will definatelly make this a destination to stay for at least one night!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This hotel was fantastic. The woman who checked me was efficient and pleasant. The rooms were large and very clean. They arent the most well appointed rooms( no chocolates on the bed, phones in the room,or coffee makers) but it does the trick. I chose a mountail view room as I could easily sit in the chairs to see the ocean and save myself the $10.00 in the difference. Normally I do not take a nice long soak in a hotel tub but the room was so clean-the tub so inviting I could not resist. I had a call from my hubby and the front desk actually came to the room to tell me. When I was walking to the front desk the next morning two staffers made sure to remind me to call my hubby, now that is rare. Attention to detail and care for the guest.

Oh and just so you know there is a payphone right outside the front desk and coffee for sale in the restaurant.

For less than $100.00 a night this place was perfect, I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank PineappleGirlNS
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The service was really awful - so much for East Coast hospitality. The rooms were noisy, but clean and comfortable. One of the staff was OK, and the other was downright rude. I would definitely not stay here again. And for what you get, it's over-priced. The breakfast was OK, but the dinner was not good. Everything, and I mean everything is fried.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Canuck001_10
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I have stayed the Midtrail on two occasions - August 2009 & again in August 2010. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience both times. The staff was friendly & welcoming. We enjoyed delicious seafood dinners with generous portions at reasonable prices. The wait staff was friendly & we observed them accommodating another guests with specific dietary needs without complaint. The room was spotlessly clean & recently renovated.

The Inn is within walking distance of the harbor with a beautiful view either of the sea of the mountains, depending on your preference. We haven't taken the time to go on one of the Whale Cruises, but there are several options, all reasonably priced.

I would recommend the Midtrail Inn to anyone visiting Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple