“Great hostel”

Cabot Trail Hostel
Brisbane, Australia
“Great hostel”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of the Salty Bear tour of Cape Breton. It was clean and the staff were friendly. Would definately recommond for singles, couples and families.

Room Tip: The private rooms weren't that more expensive than the dorms
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is quite possibly the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are friendly and kind and the environment is very homey!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Canmore
Reviewed August 19, 2011

It was a great place to stay for a few nights. You can go whale watching, walk the skyline (very nice hike), Kayaking, chill out and recover from traveling. Any Quyestions dawn is your lady, she complimented the environment of what cabot trail hostel was going for. No question was too insane to ask and Dawn always would be ready to go that extra mile just so you can have an amazing time there. In saying that there are a few things you should know is that its very remote so buy groceries before you get there if your staying more than one night. And a car is soooo helpful to have as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was travelling across Canada on my own and stayed in plenty of hostels, this was one of the best! The moment I arrived I asked to stay another day because the energy was so great. Quiet and comfortable. Pam and Dawn were such sweet ladies, telling me where to visit and what hikes to do. I would come back for sure!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the hostel during our Salty Bear trip. The ladies who run the hostel, Dawn and Pam, are lovely!!! The hostel is very clean and homey. We enjoyed our stay very much! Plus they offer a crab dinner for a very good price. I can defenitly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My road tripping friend and I loved this hostel! There was a lot of common space for lounging, large bathrooms (including really really nice showers), good sized bedrooms and 2 kitchens! We played Scrabble in the big kitchen, caught up on emails using the free wifi and even watched Friends on tv! We were completely comfortable there and I would love to go back on another trip! Through our Maritime Road trip, this was by far the best accommodations!

Thanks!
Steph (the girl who paints her finger nails in hostels) and Kelly (the Scrabble Queen)

Dawn: Thanks for the tip about the Skyline Trail! Kelly and I made the hike and it was the best view I have ever seen in my life! This hike was one I will never forget! We even saw a female moose! Thanks for the suggestion!

Room Tip: The bedroom off of the back kitchen was really quiet at night and had a lovely breeze.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I was biking the Cabot Trail and was forced to stop earlier than I planned in Pleasant Bay BC of the wind and rain (and only lasting about 3 hours in it!). I was more than impressed with the warm welcome I received, the clean and quaint hostel and the excellent service provided by Dawn and Pam, my Pleasant Bay angels. It a lovely setting to get to know other travelers, take a warm shower, rest from the road or get good tips on the interesting points of Pleasant Bay and the Cabot Trail. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, and urge people to make a special stop to see how pleasant it is to stay in Pleasant Bay!

• Stayed July 2011
Sea Breeze Cottages and Motel
Gulf Breeze
Gulf Breeze
#8 of 8 in Cheticamp

Been to Cabot Trail Hostel? Share your experiences!