“Dissapointingly Average... :-(”

Clumber Park Hotel Spa
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I visited the New Leaf Spa last year for my birthday and I could not get over how beautiful everything was from the spa to the staff and treatments and food. So with all this in mind I arranged to stay at the hotel and enjoy the spa again a year later for my birthday.
I was so disappointed, The staff were nice and explained to me that the swimming pool and Jacuzzi were out of order. This is obviously out of their control, so I hoped that it would be all up and running the next day...it was not. When I got to my room, I was again dis-heartened by the tiredness of the room, the dresser was all worn from constant use and the TV in an awkward position, the most comfortable place to watch it without hurting my neck was by laying on the bed. The bathroom was very clean though and well looked after, so I decided to have a shower to pass time as 50% of the spa was out of use. The water from the shower was a trickle and was so slow, I ended up using the tap to wash my hair and there was no chance that shower was going to rinse it properly. Just one other thing, the water heat control should be capped, I ran a bath later in the evening to relax as again some spa facilities were out of order, and as I went to check the temperature, I nearly scalded my hand, the water was far too hot that there was no way I could put my hand it to pull the plug out, the cold tap was not cold just warm so there was no way to cool it down, luckily the plug string was not immersed at the top end so managed to release the water that way, but what a waste of a lot of water. I'm not sure I would stay again really (unless there was an upgrade to the rooms) which is sad as I really enjoyed the food in the Normanton Inn restaurant and the breakfast was lovely too in the Courtyard restaurant, and the staff were chatty and helpful. The rooms just need a really good update really, then maybe I might stay again, they are just tired looking and need freshening up.

2  Thank fndalwys

Reviewed March 25, 2014

A friend and I visited The New Leaf Spa at Clumber Park Hotel on Sunday evening. We had booked the spa by candlelight package and were extremely pleased with the results! We could use the the spa facilities between 5pm and 9pm which consisted of a pool and bubble pool, sauna, steam room, gym and an outdoor hot tub. There were also sun loungers around the pool to relax on. Also included in the package was a 25 minute neck, back and shoulder massage (or facial if you prefer) which was wonderful, and a grazing board, drink and slice of cake.
The spa is small, but luckily there were only a handful of other people there, so we had the facilities to ourselves the majority of the time. The staff were very friendly, polite and professional and the spa was clean and quite.
All in all a wonderful, relaxing 4 hours!

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Arrived 10.00 on Saturday morning. Seemed busy but over the day people came and went.
No separate rooms to get changed in you could ask but not sure you should have to really. If your a bit of a prude it's not ideal ;)
Managed to get loungers but I think it was because it was early.
Had a facial which was bliss, lovely treatment room. There was a downside but luckily it was towards the end of my treatment. There was a wedding function and the best man was VERY loud hence everyone else was! But the lady was very apologetic.
Lunch was lovely.
Had our nails done......they looked okay but for £20 I'd do it myself :(
And they took forever to dry.

Now the hotel...it's really nice staff are helpful and friendly.
Had dinner in the Normanton inn lovely food :)
Beds very comfy, bathroom fine could do with a bit of bleach....quite so had a good nights sleep.
Breakfast lovely and we walked it off with a stroll around clumber park :)
Would definitely recommend and likely to go again.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Nice staff, spotlessly clean, lovely pool and steam room. Fabulous place to chill out.
Only minor gripe..handrail into outdoor hot tub very wobbly and could do with being fixed.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This spa including sauna, gym, pool, outdoor hottub, and steam room was clean and pleasant to use. Children times seem to be restricted between 5 and 7 for hotel guests so most of the time this is a pleasant relaxing place to be. Cafe at reception to spa for light refreshment is also available.