“Nice comfy beds!”

Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clumber Park
Reviewed April 4, 2014

stayed here for 1 night as i did a charity walk just opposite on in the beautiful Clumber Park. Hotel is very nice.. very large so take note where you are going as i ended up in the wrong corridor a few times. staff are very friendly and helpful. Had a 3 course meal in a private dining room and the food was amazing! would defo go back.

Room Tip: i had an executive room and couldnt fault it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Michael B, Manager at Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
If you would like to contact the hotel to discuss your comments in person, please feel free to do so, the hotel telephone number is 01623 835333. Kind regards, Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was a little bit worried about going to this hotel because of some of the negative reviews on here.However the hotel was lovely and I could not fault it.

The room was quiet, clean and nicely furnished.I had paid for an upgrade so it had little touches of luxury.

The food was amazing in the evening. The breakfast was to a good restaurant standard.

I could not fault the customer service,the staff were so friendly and attentive.

The price of the stay was more expensive than a budget hotel but worth paying the extra.This hotel is on the door step of sherwood forest so people should expect to pay extra.

To all the nit pickers on here I think there expectations are unrealistic as I have stayed in many hotels and this is one of the best.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank polly8468

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments, all of which will be passed onto the team.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked the check in and chill out package for our group of five and had a fantastic "girls" night in. The executive rooms were clean and well equipped with luxury toiletries, towelling robes and slippers and a mini fridge with complimentary soft drinks, water and snacks. We visited the spa and enjoyed using the outdoor hot tub, it was lovely and warm and comfortably seated all five of us. We also enjoyed using the indoor swimming pool and lazing around on the poolside loungers. There were plenty of towels available and we were able to swap our damp robes for dry ones before returning to our rooms. We had booked access to the Chill Out lounge, this was marvellous and I highly recommend this room to anybody planning a party or a get together. The lounge had six large sofas, various tables and lots of lamps and large candles. It had a projector screen and plenty of DVDs to choose from.The room was ours to use from 1pm to midnight and was a great area to relax in. We were able to decorate it with banners and balloons and we chose to have our afternoon tea in this lounge, it was very well presented and served. During the evening we were given glasses of bubbly and a large dish of popcorn to have whilst watching movies, talking and laughing! Supper was a choice of two menus (included in the price of the package), we chose to have chilli con carne. We were brought two large bowls of chilli,(one was vegetarian, one traditional), these were served with rice, wedges and garlic bread. There was a lemon curd eton mess for pudding. The supper was very good and we were able to choose what time we would like it to be served. We all thought that our executive rooms were comfortable and had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was chosen from a varied menu and was delicious.. Overall the experience was excellent, the staff were all very helpful and made our celebration a big success.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sram200

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased the team helped to make your event and stay so special. All of your kind comments will be passed onto the team.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I visited Clumber Park Spa with three female friends on a Friday evening for the 5-9 £35 'Sherwood Evening Retreat' package for a friends birthday and joint engagement. Let's just say a 'retreat' is what it was not!

We traveled over an hour battled rush hour traffic to arrive at 17.20 pm just after the allocated time.
I must add that the grounds and countryside leading up to the spa are beautiful and the hotel stands alone very promptly and is very easy to find.
My friends and I checked in at reception and where given our locker keys.
The changing rooms were very basic with only two showers and two toilets and I think there was proberly more water on the changing rooms floor than in the hot tub. But I will get on to that.
The changing rooms were clean enough could just do with a mop and the towels and slippers provided were of a good quality.
Just off from the changing rooms was the door to the pool. As we entered we notice that there were hardly any other people around the hotel and spa maybe only 10 or 12 but all beds and chairs had towels on and looked occupied meaning we had to share two outdoor patio like chairs between four of us to store our things.

The hot tub was situated outside and as one of my friends has a medical complaint she is unable to use the sauna and steam room so we were eager to get knot the hot tub for a good catch up.
The outside area resembled that of a domestic garden even with it's out shed the rubber matting that surrounded the hot tub was worn ripped and had grass growing through, the patio tables were rusty and old and there were no chairs around them I guess because they were all being used inside!
We were immediately concerned on the colour of the hot tub water it was BROWN and the smell was over powering just like when you walk past stagnant pond water. We decided to enter anyway as we thought it may just be because the bubbles were off. This made it worse! There were also cold jets that you sat on and my friend immediately decided to return inside. Another issue we found after leaving the hot tub was that the cover provided didn't fit properly hense the utterly filthy hot tub that was provided, As we entered the conservatory from outside we had noticed that many children had appeared since infact we even witnessed one 'bombing'
Into the pool and my friend who was doing lengths was even hindered by two headstand walking up and down the pool. We all have children In our families and at home and we chose to come away and relax for a couple of hours so this was not appreciated although it is warned on the website in small letters.

The time now was 17.50 just 25 minutes into our relaxing 'retreat' and me and a friend decided it was time to complain after the birthday girl decided she wanted to leave and was very upset.

We went back into the reception and firstly asked to have our dinner at 7 instead of 8 as there was no way we would be staying that long.
The receptionist stumbled over a hotel room
Comment card for us to complain on which we did but told her it simply wasn't good enough and we wanted to see a manager for a full refund. Whilst the manager wAs being tracked down we were offered complimentary drinks as an apology. We returned to the changing roomTo get changed. Once we were all ready the bar manager who was duty manager at the time was waiting for us. We discussed the issues and she assured us that the spa manager would also ring us tomorrow and a full refund was issued with no hesitation after all we had only done a bit of swimming for the cost of £35!!
After the refunds were issued we were all set to leave but the duty manager insisted we stayed and that they were arranging a special selection of food for us up in the hotel bar.
We eventually found the bar which was lovely!! Infact I would happily return there for a meal is I were that way again.
We were offered complimentary drinks and the graze boards included and even extras such as chips, onion rings and garlic bread. The staff up there were pleasant and helpful also.
I just say that we are still waiting to hear from the spa manager but the food and beverage manager who dealt with us on the night did all she could possibly do for us to rectify a poor situation and we appreciate that as after all we were there for celebrations and we did eventually leave with smiles on our face due to the bar and food staff only!!

Overall, we all decided we would not be returning to the spa we could of paid just £4 and gone to a spa such as Eden hall, a 'proper' spa not just a leisure centre claiming itself as one.
Although like I say I would definitely recommend a meal in the Newton Inn bar upstairs without a shadow of a doubt!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Droyd199
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Varied opinion.... I had booked this through Spa Breaks - spa was good, as expected for what I paid - the treatments were very good though.... my room was ok. It was an accessible room though and I can imagine if you needed to use a wheelchair you'd be stuffed, as it was a small room (but big bath room, therefore cold and had to drip over the floor to get a towel and the sink was teeny) for me it was just about ok - bed was comfy! Clean and cosy.

The food was good, service was friendly and helpful and generally I would say the over all experience was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank happylittleexplorer
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have stayed at Clumber Park Spa and hotel a couple of times and have been impressed every stay! On this trip I emailed ahead to request a room in a specific area of the hotel and also to reserve a table in the restaurant for dinner. We were given a lovely room exactly where I had requested in my email!

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The facilities are great and the standard of the Executive rooms is excellent! Great value for money!

As with previous visits we will most definitely be back soon!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Spa fab service ambience food all great pity hotel wasn't good room poor disabled room wasn't big enough for my chair had to leave in hall not enough room to get chair at side of bed I can stand and walk short distance but impossible to manage alone or if perm in a chair bathroom was large but not accessible as chair and desk in the way also sink in bathroom was cloakroom sink not big enough to have a wash in or even do teeth bath had no bathboard or way of transferring into bath had better facilities at travel lodge evening meal was burnt did tell staff they weren't interested breakfast was totally rushed and needed order before we had even had cereals even tried to take cereal bowl before we had put cereals in when breakfast came it was cold all in all couldn't recommend think they need the hotel inspector

• Stayed: February 2014
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Acorn Lodge Guest House
Acorn Lodge Guest House
#2 of 6 in Worksop

Been to Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!