“Very nice stay”

Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clumber Park
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel, with my wife for 2 nights, as a guest - Best Man in fact - at my good friend's wedding, which was held in the hotel.

First impressions were pleasing with large car park, fairly large spread out hotel of good size, and friendly reception staff. The hotel was a little difficult to find, it is on a main road within, I think Sherwood Forest, and the location fooled my SatNav. It is within a 15 minute drive of Mansfield and half an hour or so, I believe from Lincoln.

Hotel corridors were freshly painted, the hotel felt fresh and clean. Bedroom not bad, smaller and reminiscent of, though better equipped than, say a Premier Inn room (a chain I know well, as I use them often on business trips).

The hotel bars and restaurants are fairly relaxed with good ambience. Not 5 Star, but definitely than say Brewers Fayre type establishments.

The hotel organised, by arrangement, a hairdresser to attend the hotel on the morning of the wedding, to style my Wife's hair. A very nice lady, and good hairdresser, with whom my wife got on very well.

The Wedding itself was a great success, not least due to the hotel setting, and service provided by the staff. The wedding ceremony was held in an area just outside the large conservatory within which the Wedding breakfast was held. Staff were very helpful, including assisting me in setting up a small, harmless, visual funny gag at the expense of my friend, the groom, for my speech.

The guests were seated in the light and airy conservatory which is within an enclosed, outside quadrangle area.. A nice venue for the meal, the only downside being that there are no views from within the conservatory, except to the surrounding walls of the hotel.

The food served by the hotel for the wedding breakfast was, I thought, excellent. Tasty, well prepared and nicely served and presented. The evening disco and buffet were also very successful.

Not, I would say a 5 Star hotel, but definitely, at least, a very good 3 Star, or better, establishment.

So all in all, a very pleasing and enjoyable stay, both in terms of the wedding service provided by the hotel, and enjoyment of the hotel itself. The hotel has a nice atmosphere throughout.

Staff were friendly and obliging. I would happily stay here again, and would be happy to recommend it as a possible choice for a wedding reception or similar event.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
SimonCPH, Manager at Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your nice comments you posted on Trip Advisor on your recent stay at Clumber Park Hotel & Spa firstly congratulations to the happy couple,

I was happy to read that you were pleased with the hotel in general and that you would return at your own leisure.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

There are newer reviews for Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had room 69, which we found to be a lovely large room. The room facilities where fine usual tea/coffee etc. the only draw back was the complete lack of SECURITY from the hotel staff who kept using the EMERGENCY DOOR as a short cut to the rear car park and leaving it OPEN even though it had an alarm sensor which obviously did not work!
The Masquerade Ball was good fun, the food was sparse to say the least. My wife's meat in her main meal was ALL gristle totally inedible!
The spa facilities are good, the spa staff are great and helpful. We did go into the restaurant when arrived but the staff where a bit vague and not customer focused, we went to the spa bar and the difference in staff attitudes are a world apart! The Lady was ever so helpful and proficient.

Room Tip: For s secure stay don't get room 69!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank kirkpwade

Dear Customer,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed all our facilities I was sadden to learn that your main meal was full of gristle; I do hope that you brought this to our attention so that it was dealt with accordingly.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice leisure centre including outdoor hot tub made for a relaxing experience. Bigger rooms are worth the extra for the comfort they bring. Rooms well equipped and comfortably furnished.Food is consistently good at this hotel. Staff helpful but unobstrusive.

Room Tip: If your budget stretches to a larger room it is well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Customer,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed all our facilities and our team looked after you well

Reviewed June 24, 2013

i stayed at this hotel and spa on the 13th and 14th of June to attend the wedding of Natasha Scott Dunn and Christopher Oliver.All the staff were absolutely marvelous and could not do enough for you,the rooms were very spacious and very clean with tea and coffee making facilities Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to ensure that the day was absolutely perfect for the Bride and Groom (and it was ) from the actual ceremony to the reception and evening entertainment,at the end of the evening it was made even more special for the Bride and groom because on returning to the Bridal suite they found a beautiful framed photo of them on the bed courtesy of the hotel.I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone especially future Brides looking for a venue

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Customer,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed all our facilities and Clumber Park. I have since had maintenance to look at the two comments you touched on

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed overnight here, mainly for its close proximity to Clumber Park. The hotel was well-staffed and without exception the staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. The facilities and public areas were well-cared for, and the spa and gym facilities were fine. The only niggle would be that the bedroom felt a bit tired: impossible to take a shower without flooding the floor, flickering light in the bathroom, and an important fixture not that well fixed!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Got a good deal for one night room only, always fancied the look of this place been on their mailing list for a while, the spa and pool are really good as is the outside hot tub although a little small, the check in is a really strict 3.30pm, which to my mind is a bit ridiculous, if the room is ready why not be able to use it? We went midweek so what is the problem with an early check in?
We were going to book for breakfast until we ate in the normanton inn, don't get me wrong the food is very good, but expensive for what you get, we ordered the special, which was sea bass on a bed of herb mash with sun blushed tomatoes in a sauce, very nice, very tasty but more like a starter! My wife and I are not big eaters but were left hungy after the meal which at £13.00 a pop was a bit dissapointing. Ah well the crisps are good at the bar!! Will not be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Paulmac11

Dear Customer,

I was happy to read that you liked our Spa and Pool areas.
I was not happy to learn that you felt our portions where served to you in the Normanton Inn didn’t meet your expectations, maybe if you brought this to our attention we could have assisted in possibly ordering you some side orders.

I am also sorry that you based the above on not returning to the hotel when we have so much more dishes and specials that change daily

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Booked this last minute for myself and my Partner Tim. From beginning to end we were treated as if we were the only guests and made to feel special. The spa is clean, spacious, comfortable , relaxing, good for couples as well as ladies. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff in the spa, Tim was a bit big for his robe so they hunted out a bigger one for him. Food and drink facilities accessible at any time while relaxing in our costumes and robes. Executive room clean, nice decor , drinks tray in the room went that extra mile with Filter Coffee and an extra tray with wine glasses and snacks :). The staff at reception very friendly and welcoming and young man at bar in the evening offerd to take our photo together ( without us asking), the personal touch. Service in the restaurant excellent morning and night. Stress free break, just what the doctor ordered :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your nice comments you posted on Trip Advisor.
I am glad you and your partner enjoyed our facilities especially one of our upgraded bedrooms with all the extra bits that make it special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

The Forest Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Edwinstowe
Travelodge Retford Markham Moor
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel

Been to Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!