“Good Hotel - Not so good receptionist”

Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clumber Park
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a wedding in March, I checked OTA's to see there on line price and rang them direct, after an eternity waiting for the phone to be answered (25 rings) then choosing the reservations department I got through to a woman who once again put me on hold so i could speak to reservations.....didn't i just choose that option?! Another wait on hold, by which time 15 minutes had passed, I managed to book an Executive room & didn't have to barter against the online price. No e-mail confirmation even after they called and re-checked my e-mail address, but check in was swift even with out a reference number. That is the best I can say about check in. Uninspiring receptionist even when I tried to engage him in a little convesations, he wasn't having any of it, wasn't even a busy period, oh well. Room was comfortable, but once again nothing really special. All you would expect. The bar was a bit rushed with only one poor fella holding the fort while the rest of the staff had a meeting in the back....not the best time when a wedding ceremony has just finished & all the punters make staight for the bar, especially when the bar next to the ceremony is closed/unstaffed. Had the gall to complain he was on his own, yes well get the gaggle of staff from out the back, not like your supervisors didn't know there was a wedding booked in!
Good food for the wedding breakfast, but was still hungry after, excellent spread for the buffet in the evening, although the smell of drains hanging in the air was a little off putting in the function room & coridors.
Breakfast was also excellent, good choice and decent coffee. Checked out happy when all is said & done.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SimonCPH, Manager at Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Customer,
Thankyou for your comments on your recent stay at Clumber Park Hotel, I have noted your findings and acted on them accordingly.

Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel was excellent, very clean, tidy room with good facilities, and the most comfortable bed ever. The food was lovely & the waitresses really friendly.

The weather was awful & unfortunately some of the spa staff couldn't get into work, so the spa treatments we had booked for 10.30 didn't happen until 13.15, but we were given a complimentary lunch as a gesture of goodwill. The spa treatments were wonderfully relaxing, but spa facilities were rather poor.

Having said that i would recommend the hotel & would use again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
SimonCPH, Manager at Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Clumber Park Hotel. we have recently spent 25K on our four year old Spa and completed some magnificent upgrades, I hope you made good use of them. I do apologise for moving your treatments due to some of our team couldn't get in to the hotel, some things like the weather we cant control.

Hope to see you both soon

Warmest Regards

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Initially tried to book this hotel for one night by ringing reception but the person who answered could not help us and told me to ring back next day. Finally booked on line as doing an event. Due to snow this got postponed so tried to change the date but Alice on reception didn't want to know as the on line deal was not flexible. I hoped for some understanding due to the special circumstances but got none. Left me with a thoroughly negative attitude to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angela E

Dear Angela,

Thank you for your comments regarding your enquiry.

I am so glad that you was able to make it to the hotel we had a full house so all 154 guests travelled safely to the hotel. after speaking to the member of staff the offer you purchased was a discounted offer and this was not refundable, but I do believe that we said we would honour it on a date of your choice as a gesture of goodwill.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed overnight at clumber park hotel as part of a spa break. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful. The hotel was a good mixture between traditional & modern. The rooms & facilities were clean. The spa treatment was relaxing & peaceful. The food was excellent too.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Nics393

Dear both,

Thank you for your comments on using our Spa facilities I was most pleased to read your posting, I hope you look forward to using our services in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were lucky enough to win a 2-night stay at the Clumber Park Hotel which we arranged for the first week in March. The friendly staff could not do enough for us and the service was quick and efficient. The hotel was warm, clean and comfortable and we very much enjoyed our meals in both restaurants. The spa and pool looked inviting and Joan enjoyed her "taster" facial and shoulder massage. There are lots of things to do in the area and it would be a wonderful choice for a wedding. Would love to make a return visit!

Room Tip: Very pleasant overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joanm780

Dear Both,

Congratulations on winning our competition, I am really glad you both enjoyed your stay, and you certainly enjoyed our facilities. for our latest offers they can be seen on our website. I look forward to meeting you both next time.

Best Wishes

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night with 2 friends and we had a room which had free use if spa facilities. Staff were excellent throughout our stay and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms, spa and restaurants were all very clean and we got lovely robes and slippers to wear. It's not massive but we only paid £27 each to stay so think it was defiantly great value for money.

We had a sandwich in the normanton inn on arrival and ate in the restaurant on the evening the scallops were excellent the best I have ever had.

I would defiantly return as I enjoyed chilling out in the spa area, the rooms were well presented and clean and staff fantastic. Hopefully next time it will be warmer so can explore the beautiful area around the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay at Clumber Park Hotel, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Warmest Regards

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I would just like to say how much myself and my new wife have to thank Clumber park Hotel and it's staff for such a lovely wedding breakfast and evening reception. It was seamless from start to finish. The staff were helpful and friendly and the food was amazing. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel for any function given how smoothly or wedding went. Beautiful surroundings, good food and a friendly service, what more could you ask for? My niece (A baby) was sick and instead of them giving a towel or mop etc to clean it up. They said bare with us and we will clean it up enjoy your wedding. SERVICE. They could not do enough.......Please consider Clumber Park for your wedding reception you won't regret it, I don't

Room Tip: I was in the Bridal suite. So the Room was quiet, well lit and well decorated
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
SimonCPH, Manager at Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Newly Weds,

First of all congratulations!!!!!! And a big thanks, for choosing Clumber Park Hotel for your wedding venue. As you already know Sarah our wedding coordinator works very hard with our head chef Alan and Jinni our food and beverage manager to deliver the best food and service in the area.
Weddings are becoming very popular especially now we have refurnished our function suite and our bridal suite. I shall be putting new photos of these areas and the other areas soon onto trip advisor for you all to see.

Kind Regards

Best Western Lion Hotel
Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Travelodge Retford Markham Moor

Been to Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!