“Simply amazing”
Review of Baja Discovery

Baja Discovery
More attraction details
Owner description: Baja Discovery is a leading ecotourism company providing natural history trips and tours in Baja California Mexico, including gray whale watching at San Ignacio Lagoon, sea kayaking, pack trips to visit cave paintings, and custom tours and treks for birding and botany.
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is absolutely the best company to go with if you're going to San Ignacio Lagoon. The best location and the best support. Just an amazing experience.

I'm usually skeptical of the promises that web sites make, but this is for real. You really CAN hear the whales breathing at night! You really CAN watch them spy hopping from your tent or from the chairs that sit along the waterline.

Food was great, the staff was great, and we got to touch some whales! Just amazing...(wait, I said that already). This was the trip of a lifetime for us and it lived up to all of our hopes. A great company.

6  Thank Richard F

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Visiting the whale watching camp in San Ignacio Lagoon, Baja California, is one of the highlights of my year. The camp is right in prime whale viewing area and is a camping experience but the best camping you'll ever do. Your tent is roomy and the beds are comfortable. The food is great and the whole camp staff and whalewatch guides are friendly and always very helpful.
I have been visiting this camp for years because this is one of the most amazing wildlife experiences one could have. Seeing gray whales up close and personal is something you'll never forget. A fantastic family experience in every way. Highly recommended!

6  Thank analuna949
Reviewed December 6, 2011

When I learned about the friendly whales of San Ignacio Lagoon I knew it was a trip I had to make. Baja Discovery made the experience more than I could have hoped for. The camp sits on the banks of the lagoon ... you can sit in your tent and see the whales and here the sighs of their breathing. The tents are roomy and the cots and sleeping bags are quite comfy. The food is delicious - all local and healthy. The staff are so knowledgeable about the whales and have so much love for them that you can't help but be infected by their enthusiasm. And the experience of the whale encounters ... it was so emotional that I still cry when I think about it. Make the trip with Baja Discovery ... you will not be disappointed.

5  Thank Gollymo
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Baja Discovery is one great outfit. All the BD folks are more like family than a company, and they go overboard to create a fantastic experience. If you want to see gray whales along the Baja Peninsula, don't go with anyone but them. We've done it four times, and have a fifth booked. The "Whale Camp" at the lagoon is a paradise, comfortable, right where the whales are, and a totally top-class operation. We have NOTHING negative to report!

5  Thank charken72
Reviewed March 24, 2011

After wishing to make a trip to see gray whales for 15 years I finally joined a Baja Discovery camp tour last month. It was a dream come true! The Baja Discovery camp , the staff and the beautiful rustic surroundings combined to make it perfect. More whales and their calves interacted with us than we ever expected. The food was delicious, hearty, natural to the area, and on time. Plenty of snacks were available. The staff was knowledgable, kind, and safety conscious. Our tents were roomy, cots and sleeping bags comfy. The size of the group on this 5 day trip made it easy for everyone to see and do everything needed.

3  Thank GrandmaCate