See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2018

I spent one night at this hotel in April visiting family in Gudbrandsdalen.

The hotel was quite busy the evening I checked in. A large group from Trönderlag in their 60’s had consumed a fair amount of alcoholic beverage at the time I arrived and they became more vocal during the evening and indeed the night. Instead of asking the reception staff to do this, I addressed it myself. The lady at the Check In did little to make me feel at home, she can best be described as cranky. The menu was pricy and after waiting for service longer than expected, I went across the road to Frick’s to finally have my meal. Back at the hotel I went to bed and had a good night sleep.
The breakfast the next day was chaotic and the few staff attending the service did little to clean up after departing guests or re-supply. I was glad I could check out and leave to be honest.
Will I stay there again? Perhaps not.

Room tip: Rooms facing towards the valley behind the hotel
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2018

The hotel building is big and built with a lot of wood. The little town of Dombas itself is not very busy and the hotel is practically outside the town, so it was very peaceful and quiet. The rooms are large, there is enough room for luggage. Dinner and breakfast were self-service, very good and with a lot of choice.
The town is near enough, a five minute walk away from the hotel. And it takes only two or three minutes to reach a tourist stop with a very large souvenir shop, a grocery store and a nice cafe.
A little maintenance work would make this hotel splendid. We could only open our window a little bit. In the morning we noticed that other windows were open wide, which meant that ours was out of order. The towel hanger in the bathroom was broken. When I tried to use the soap dispenser, its lid fell off. The bathroom door needed a paint job.
They could do with a little more courtesy, too. I asked for warm milk at breakfast and got the answer that there was none. In most hotels they just warm it up for you.
This hotel has a lot of potential, it just needs the right staff.

Room tip: Before you settle down in a room, check if you can open your window.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2018

It is nice to be surprised every once in a while. Despite late arrival they fixed a meal for the both of us. Nice touch!

Good breakfast and very nice rooms! Clean, good air, good beds and nice staff. I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Try the top floor - great rooms there!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
jan784, Eier at Dombas Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Thankyou for nice words and welcome back

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

For this hotel, my assessment is that you can’t expect much from this hotel, and at the same time it also fulfills most of the basic needs you need for a stopover stay, since it is nice stopover for visiting Trollstigen.

Another plus point is that there are a few mini mart around for any replenishment of drinks and snacks, Kiwi opens till 21:00hrs.

In short this hotel won’t fail you and it won’t won’t excite you, as it is really good for a one night stay over.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This hotell is quite new and everything is clean and elegant. I was a little disappointed about the breakfast buffet which only had "basics", no lovely surprises there. But it was a nice stay there between places.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
jan784, Eier at Dombas Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thank You for staying at Our hotel, hope to see you again