My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights over the Valentines Day period taking advantage of a special offer which offered good value for money. The pub is old and full of character. The room, (we had a deluxe), was spacious, warm, and the bed huge and comfortable. My wife loved the whirlpool bath and the big walk in power shower. My only niggle was there was no radio in the room. The food served in the restaurant was generally very good, although again if one wanted to be picky, I thought the cheesecake was full of gelatin. Breakfast was superb however and the service was prompt. Despite it being a wet weekend in February the pub was quite busy and there were plenty of walkers about. I would imagine in Summer the area is rammed with tourists and best avoided but of course that is not the pub's fault. Would I come here again. Oh yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England