Bad stuff first, be careful when you arrive because this pub can be so busy and the car parking is limited. When standing at the bar waiting for our first arrival drinks...was treated to the barman holding a conversation in front of me with one of the regulars.....HELLO...WAITING HERE!!! PAYING GUEST HERE!!. Later on when food arrived , I found they had stuffed up my order , subsequently my other half had to eat her lamb whilst I sat there watching her, (great). , then a waitress appeared and informed me I had actually ordered what I had got. NO I DID NOT. even if it seemed so to you, I DIDNT.
....THEN ... Someone else appeared and said that it was entirely his fault???!! When I finally got my food it was "passable". Now for the good stuff - Everything else was wonderful....and mean WONDERFUL. rooms beds breakfast location , amazing. We had room 24.....go for it . Make sure you order your food clearly as there are some foreign staff.
Particularly a french waiter Who turned out to be an outstanding member of staff (apart from [--] my food order up) . I forgive them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, LateRooms, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England