We've stayed here many times, and always had a terrific experience. Our most recent visit was no different (lovely room, excellent food and drink, great staff) - apart from our last night. This was somewhat marred because the management decided to waive its "no kids under 14 in the restaurant" policy - and allowed a large party, including a couple of very unruly kids, into the usually peaceful restaurant. (This was in spite of the fact that there was space in several other rooms where food is served, where kids would not have been such a disturbance.) Several couples who had been looking forward to a relaxing meal in tranquil surroundings just couldn't take it - and abandoned their restaurant tables in favour of one of the bars. Such a shame.
So our advice to anyone making a booking, and who wants to dine in child-free surroundings: get confirmation up-front that the restaurant will actually enforce its "no kids under 14" policy - and reserve your right to claim a refund if it doesn't!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England