Stayed in the Masons Arms for two nights recently. Parking at the Inn was easy and we were made to feel very welcome. Our room was spacious, comfortable and had a large four poster bed. Usually we don't like being away from the main building but this time we loved it as we were in a terrace of very attractive cottages with our own little terrace where we could sit and enjoy the lovely gardens and views of the surrounding hills. Branscombe is a very peaceful and pretty village and the walk to the beach only took about 15 minutes. We ate in the restaurant both nights where we were served good food by friendly staff. Very good breakfasts too. We'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England